Sunday, March 17, 2019

Sunshine On My Mind


         I’ve had a busy month.  My youngest daughter has spent much of the last year doing medical mission work in Africa or here in the states working to pay her bills while overseas.  While stateside, she has living here with us.  I put her on the plane yesterday for Conakry, Guinea which is on the coast of West Africa.  This is her third trip to Africa to do medical missions work there.  I’m so proud of her!  She will spend 12 weeks aboard the Mercy Hospital Ship as a pediatric ward nurse.  I’m sending her a card with a package that didn’t make it here in time to go with her. This is what I came up with today. A little different from most of the cards I do as my florals are usually stamped and colored not cut out with dies like I did here.  I really like how this turned out and deliberately chose bright colors to become a part of Rebecca’s wall art while on board the ship!  Here are the details of what I used to make it!  I really am loving the Yellow Sunshine stamp set I've used here.  Great sentiments for all types of occasions. 
·      Stamp set(s):  Papertrey Ink – Yellow Sunshine Stamp Set & New Every Morning Stamps Set 
·      Ink(s):  PTI – Summer Sunrise, Terracotta Tile, Harvest Gold
·      Paper:  PTI – Terracotta Tile, Simply Chartreuse, Melon Berry, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Harvest Gold, Ripe Avocado Gingham, Rustic White 
·      Dies & Embossing folders:  My Favorite Things – Little Flowers & Fresh Cut Dies
·      Embellishments/Other things of note:  Pretty Pink Posh - Autumn Harvest Sequin Mix

This was so nice to share some time with you today! I hope you’ve had a wonderful Sunday. I’m gearing up here to make several more cards before I pack up my “studio” a.k.a. craftroom for my move to Greenville, SC in early May to be closer to my oldest daughter.  My husband and I need a place to live near relatives as we grow peacefully into our senior years!  
Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting today!
Many Blessings,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!