I absolutely love it when I catch a mental lapse before it’s too late. I meant to emboss the card front and forgot to do it as I often do, but I was able to pop off the top layers of the card and emboss the card front and then add some silver 3D Stamp Paint to bring out the patterned created. It really does step up the card’s design. It also adds to the silver theme I have in the elements of each design piece! I added an extra layer to the sketch to make the stamped lace layer really pop! I also decided against ribbon or silver thread from the sketch. I didn’t want to overdo it! I added a few rhinestones here and there for accent and to draw the viewer’s eye across the card front.
· Stamp set(s): Heartfelt Creations Shabby Chic Lace & Wisemen Ornament
· Ink(s): Versamark – Watermark Stamp Pad; Viva 3D Stamp Paint – Silver
· Paper: Stampin’ Up! – Glimmer Paper Silver & Midnight Muse CS
· Dies & Embossing folders: Spellbinders – 2011 Heirloom Ornaments, Classic Ovals Large, Classic Scalloped Ovals Large; Stampin’ Up! – Vintage Wallpaper EF
· Embellishments/Other things of note: Zing – Silver Metallic Finish embossing powder
All together the simple elements of this design, really came together well. It’s simple with its two colors, but the silver really makes the card stand out. I love the zing the Glimmer Paper adds to the card while also adding texture. I added the John 3:16 scripture stamp from the same stamp set on the inside – silver ink pad with clear embossing powder to fix the ink. I now have a special Christmas card to send to a loved one this year. Be safe where ever your travels take you this Thanksgiving and Christmas season. I hope that you are wise, too, and take the sentiment to heart this year as well if you don’t already know Him!