Tuesday, November 5, 2013

His Loving-Kindness


           It’s been a cold, cloudy day here in Central North Carolina; maybe that’s why both cards got “blinged” up today as I tackled 2 challenges.  This card is for MOJO Monday 318.  I’ve had that lovely gray ribbon from Stampin’ Up! for quite some time, but never got around to using it.  When I saw the sketch for MOJO, I know that I wanted to use this lovely gray ribbon and some of my new stamp paint that I got a couple of Fridays back at the Heartfelt Creations booth at Charlotte’s Stitch, Craft, Create, Life Convention.   So the bling was on!  I made a 4¼” by 5½” card.

·       Stamp set(s):  Verve – Plain Jane Psalm 63:3-4

·       Ink(s):  Tsukineko – Memento Tuxedo Black;  VIVA Décor – 3D Stamp Paint, Silver

·       Paper:  Stampin’ Up! – Basic Gray & Strawberry Slush CS; 7 Gypsies – patterned paper from my stash

·       Dies & Embossing folders:  Stampin’ Up! – Chalk Talk Framelits   

·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  Stampin’ Up! – Two-Tone Ribbon, Basic Gray (ret.), silver star from my stash, rhinestone ribbon from CKC-Charlotte, NC vendor

I chose the Verve scripture because I thought it would go well with the hearts in the sketch.  I tried and tried to get the hearts to work for me, but they just didn’t look right with the layout, so I found some more bling in my stash (No idea from whence it came, LOL!), and used that to anchor the tag.  I distressed the edges of my tag and then used the stamp paint to add texture and sheen to it.  I also added some more bling to the gray ribbon by running a piece of “rhinestone ribbon” I got from a vendor at CKC-Charlotte in August.  It came together nicely I thought.  I think that gray and pink is a great color combo and dressing it up with some bling really makes it pop!

Thanks for taking a moment to drop by my blog and take a look.  Please sign up to follow me.  I’m really trying to get some more followers before I try out for some design teams next year!

Many Blessings,

Donna




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!