Thursday, March 14, 2019

Balloon Birthday Bash


Over on the Papertrey Ink blog yesterday, Laurie’s Fabulous Favorites was all about a favorite sentiment.  I’ve always thought that PTI did flowers and sentiments very well – you should see my stash!  It was hard to pin down a favorite for me, so I took my need for a birthday card for my son-in-law to the next level with one of my favorite designer’s birthday die. I love Dawn McVey’s Say It Simply series, and the Lovely Birthday die is a favorite of mine.  So, I did this card for both Joshua and for the Win It Wednesday challenge and contest.  I used some masculine type colors (I checked with my daughter about his favorite colors other than Duke blue!) and added a bright yellow birthday balloon to pop off of the mellower tones of blue and green balloons.  I liked how my card turned out.  I just couldn’t resist a bit of bling on this great sentiment die though. Sorry Joshua!  Your mama-in-law loves her bling!
·      Stamp set(s):  PTI – Birthday Balloons Stamp Set, Birthday Strings Stamp Set (inside)    
·      Ink(s):  PTI – Fresh Snow, Lemon Tart, Bright Buttercup, Stormy Sea, Pinefeather, Aqua Mist, Tropical Teal, Weathervane
·      Paper:  PTI – Rustic White; Paper Studio – Aqua glitter paper
·      Dies & Embossing folders:  PTI – Say It Simply:  Lovely Birthday Die, Birthday Balloon Die
Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking a look. I do so enjoy making cards for my family and friends.  I have an anniversary card to do for my husband – we share our anniversary with our son-in-law’s birthday.  I’ll also be doing a birthday card for my granddaughter.  She is turning 4 years old next month.  I’ve gotta do a special one for her.  So be on the look out for some more eye candy coming your way! 
Inside Sentiemtn

Many Blessings,

Donna

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!