Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Blooming Beautiful Blooms


Can you tell that I love red?  Especially Papertrey Ink’s Pure Poppy?  It’s been showing up in several of my latest posts but it just is such a happy color.  We need happy here in the south where we’ve had so much rain over the last year or so.  And this red is so cheerful particularly when you pair it with Concord & 9th’s Bloom Fill In stamp set.  I love the red, white and blue I used here.  It’s so clean and crisp.  I got the idea of cutting a card front on the diagonal from Jennifer McGuire when she used this same stamp set in a post and video several weeks ago.  (By the way, she said that this is a very forgiving stamp set, and I agree.  If you look closely you’ll see where I had some difficulty lining up one of the images.) I’ve cut them both horizontally and vertically to give them different looks.  The horizontal cuts allow for a bigger and bolder sentiment to be placed across the card front.  These big and bold sentiments from MFT Stamps fit the bill to a “T”!  I did some clear embossing over the “get well soon” sentiment. I had intended to do the “happy birthday” sentiment as well but took the stamp off my MISTI before I got to it.  I didn’t want to mess up my card with getting it slightly off center on the Enchanted Evening stamping.  I waited until I had mounted the red stamped panels to stamp my sentiment to get it just right.  Sooo, note to self – don’t be in such a hurry to move stamps off your MISTI! Haha!!!



  • ·   Stamp set(s):  Concord & 9th– Blooms Fill In Stamp Set; MFT Stamps – All Occasion  Sentiments 
  • ·      Ink(s):  PTI – Pure Poppy, Dark Indigo, Blueberry Sky, Spring Rain, Enchanted Evening, Prairie Grass, Olive Twist
  • ·      Paper:  PTI – Stamper’s Select White  
  • ·      Embellishments/Other things of note:  PTI – Clear Detail Embossing Powder; Verve – Signature Sequin Mix  
Thanks for stopping by my blog to take a look. I hope you’ve enjoyed your visit. I’ve enjoyed having you here, too! (I do track my stats!  Haha!)  Have a really blessed day where ever you are! 


Here's a look at the vertical cut card I did in black and pinks.  I liked this one too, but i have to admit that the red does it for me!  What about you?  Vertical, horizontal or both?  Thank you, Jennifer McGuire for this terrific idea! :-)
Many Blessings,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!