Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Anniversary Greens


We are talking greens here!  No, not the kind you eat, but greens from pines.  My husband and I are getting ready to celebrate our 14thwedding anniversary next week.  Long before anyone was doing pine and pine cones in home décor, we had lamps and pine green swags in our home that have been there since he bought our townhome while we were dating.  I just recently got this stamp set from Papertrey Ink.  It’s one of Dawn McVey’s Raspberry Suite Design sets.  I loved it, and they are having a sale of a lot all of their inventory so it was on sale or so I justify!  Haha!  They’re making some changes which means that Dawn’s sets as one of their out-going designers will eventually disappear.  I had to have this one!  (And many others before they disappear!) I thought that this set would make a good late winter early spring anniversary card.  I think that I was right!  Here are the details!
·      Stamp set(s):  PTI – Holiday Greens Stamp Set 
·      Ink(s):  PTI – Pinefeather, Dark Chocolate
·      Paper:  PTI – Classic Kraft; Stash – Metallic Gold cardstock
·      Dies & Embossing folders:  PTI – Holiday Greens Die; Frantic Stamper – Happy Anniversary Die; Honey Bee Stamps – A2 Double Stitch Frames Die
·      Embellishments/Other things of note:  Pretty Pink Posh – 6 mm Sand Sequins; Wink of Stella – Clear
Making cards of any type for males is a difficult task for me.  I’m really a lover of flowers!  Flowers just don’t come across as masculine to me for anniversary or birthday celebrations for the men in my life.  I think this card pulls it off for a successful anniversary card for a man.  A little bit of bling of course since it is after all a celebration.  The die cut pine boughs and pine cones give some texture, and the gold die cut sentiment gives it some casual elegance.  But it’s not feminine.  Just what I was wanting to accomplish!
Thanks for stopping by to visit a while and reading my “inklings” about my card!  Stop by anytime.  You’re always welcome!
Many Blessings,

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!