Friday, March 8, 2019

Blue Dahlia Turnabout


A sympathy card is always a hard one to make.  A friend just needed some encouragement at this time.  I had been meaning to pull this set out and use it. I’d gotten it last year and had never gotten around to using it so I thought that a flower would do well for this kind of occasion.  Gosh, it’s not really an occasion like to celebrate but a time to remember and reflect.  I like simple for this type of card.  Not a lot of frou-frou, glam or glitz for this one. Just a simple statement of understanding and encouragement to let my friend and her family know that we are thinking about them.  I include scripture, too, which I did on the back of the card above my “Handmade by…” stamp. It’s sort of my trademark if you will. Papertrey Ink has some great stamp and die set combos (Inspired: Hope stamp set was used on the back of this card.) that I frequently use on the back – as well as the front of cards, too. Here are the details. 
·      Stamp set(s):  Concord & 9th– Dahlia Turnabout stamp set;  PTI – Ways to Say: Sympathy   
·      Ink(s):  PTI – Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening, Dark Indigo
·      Paper:  PTI – Stamper’s Select White, Spring Rain, Dark Indigo
·      Embellishments/Other things of note:  Paper Studio – Gold/Silver Enamel Dots
I did add just a little bit of glitz on the card front with the silver enamel dot.  I wanted something to go there, and the yellow enamel dots in my stash were not quite what I wanted.  I liked the way this dot picked up the blue from the card itself which toned it down a bit. Simple but effective.  I did experiment and make other dahlias with other colors.  They may be coming to a blog near you soon!  Have a great weekend!  And don’t forget to get crafty.  It’s good for your blood pressure!  HaHa!

Many Blessings,

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!