Monday, March 4, 2019

Pedal Pusher Christmas


Christmas morning at the house I grew up in started early – way before the sun came up.  This (new to me) stamp set from Papertrey Ink brought back memories of that magical morning when I pulled it out to use today.  Bikes and Christmas go together for me both from my childhood and my professional life as a clinical social worker in the public setting.  Kids always seem to want a bike for Christmas, and I’ve seen it over the years on many kids’ Christmas wish list my own included.  So, it looks like I’m getting my 2019 Christmas card stash off to an early start!  Of course, my favorite color red came into play so I had to make a Christmas card. I’m also working on the Win It Wednesday challenge over at the PTI blog; the challenge was to use a favorite accessory from PTI.  I chose to use the button twine.  Since getting my DreamBox, I think I’ll be seeing and using twine, ribbons and buttons more as they are right there at my fingertips!  Here is my list of products used.   
·      Stamp set(s):  PTI – Pedal Pusher Stamp Set   
·      Ink(s):  PTI – Pure Poppy, True Black, Classic Kraft, Pinefeather
·      Paper:  PTI – Classic Kraft, Watercolor paper from stash
·      Dies & Embossing folders:  PTI – Pedal Pusher Dies, Ways To Say: Merry Christmas
·      Embellishments/Other things of note:  PTI – Sunburst Stencil, Button Twine; Tattered Angels – Glimmer Mist Gold;  VIVA Inka Gold – 3D Paint Gold; Spica Pen – Red
I wanted to do something interesting for the background to make the bike pop off of the Classic Kraft cardstock.  I decided to use the sunburst stencil and gold Glimmer Mist to create that early morning excitement of Christmas morning sunrises.  Such happy memories of those magical mornings.  It may seem odd to be creating Christmas cards so soon after Christmas, but this stamp set just brought it out.  I’ve been meaning to get this set for a few years since its release in May 2013, but you know how the new releases are just so tempting.  I never got it, but with the changes happening over at PTI, I knew I needed to get it while they still had it soooo…. This is the result
I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed your trip to my blog today.  Please stop by anytime you have a chance!
Many Blessings,

Donna

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!