Sunday, April 28, 2019

I “Heart” You Unicorn


          On Friday, (April 26th) I had the opportunity to take a class with Gina K from Gina K Designs of Wisconsin.  We made 3 cards using her groundbreaking Wreath Builder Stencils and had a blast!  She is a great demonstrator of technique and had everything for us on an overhead projector. The two-hour class just flew by. Time for a shout out to the fabulous ladies of the Paper/Crafting Studio on Randleman Road in Greensboro, NC for getting Gina K to come to us in North Carolina for some fun and laughter.  At the end of the class, everyone was given a brand new release stamp set – the one I used here – the Heart Stamp Set with matching die!  What a treat
         All this to say, that I’m using this card for an entry into Papertrey Ink’s Win It Wednesday with Laurie’s Fabulous Favorites.  This week was to make a shaped card using your favorite shape.  To be truthful, I don’t make very many shaped cards, but I do have this precious little granddaughter who just happens to love unicorns so when this die set was released, it was a must have!  These Potbellies are designed by Betsy Veldman who has since left PTI and has started her own company called The Greetery!  Go check her out!  Her first release happened this past Friday, and it was a huge success!
·      Stamp set(s):  Gina K Designs – Heart Stamp Set  
·      Ink(s):  PTI – Harvest Gold
·      Paper:  PTI – Stamper’s Select White, Harvest Gold, Harvest Gold Gingham, True Black, Saffron Spice, Soft Stone, Raspberry Fizz
·      Dies & Embossing folders:  PTI – Potbellies Unicorn Die; Gina K Designs – Heart Die
·      Embellishments/Other things of note:  Stash – Glitter; Paper Studio – Black Gemstones; Pretty Pink Posh – 6mm Lemon Meringue Sequins; Wink of Stella - clear
For the card, I cut out the pieces to make my unicorn, assembled it,  and then glued it to a Harvest Gold die cut as the card base using the unicorn die.  I added some glitter to her hoofs and some Wink of Stella elsewhere to make her glow.  I die cut the Heart word die from the Gina K set three times to stack it for some dimension to my little unicorn.  Such a cute little thing, don’t you think?  While Malin can’t read her cards I send her, when she’s older she will be able to look back and see that her Nanny was thinking about her a lot from the cards I’ve made and sent her way!  I just love her so much!  I love being her Nanny!
That’s it for now!  I thank you for stopping by to visit my blog today!  I hope you’ve enjoyed your visit and have gotten some inspiration from my inklings about this project.  Check back with me soon to see what else I’m up to before the move to SC!
Many Blessings,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!