Sunday, April 28, 2019

Build-a-Flower Mother’s Day

 
           With Mother’s Day coming up soon while we are getting ready to move to another state, I’m ahead of where I usually am by getting this one knocked out early.  I played for most of an afternoon with ink and made daffodils in yellow, blue, purple and blue-green tones but I went to my stand by combo of blue and yellow for this card.  I'm also playing along the the Color Throwdown #540 challenge this week with this card.  I don't think that I've done this challenge before but there's a first time for every challenge, right?

         
           I found the layering of these Altenew daffodils easy to line up until I got to the centers of them.  I played with the centers as I went along and still found them hard to line up.  It was a bit frustrating but the results are still more than adequate and actually quite lovely.  I do find Altenew’s way of releasing their inks in families that work together make the layering much easier than most other stamp companies. The yellow bloom is done with Altenew Inks and the blue with Papertrey Ink.  The shopping details for my card are below.


  • ·      Stamp set(s):  Altenew – Build-a-Flower: Daffodils Stamp Set   
  • ·      Ink(s):  PTI – Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening, Dark Indigo, New Leaf, Green Parakeet; Altenew – Buttercream, Warm Sunshine, Caramel Toffee, Paper Bag 
  • ·      Paper:  PTI – Stamper’s Select White, Enchanted Evening, Harvest Gold
  • ·      Dies & Embossing folders:  PTI – Shaped Sayings: Mother’s Day Die, Bold Borders: Prism Die; Altenew – Build-a-Flower: Daffodil De
  • ·      Embellishments/Other things of note:  Pretty Pink Posh – 6mm Lemon Meringue Sequins; Wink of Stella – clear   
I was looking for texture in the background and experimented with another cover plate.  The Bold Borders: Prism Die worked out the best for arranging the blooms and sentiment on the card front. I finished off my card with some sequins and Wink of Stella to the leaves.  I just love a little bit of sparkle on my cards! With Wink of Stella, I’m even able to get away with sparkle on cards for the men in my life!  LOL 

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.  It’s always a pleasure to have you visit.

Many Blessings,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!