Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Dogwood Birthdays


           
           I’ve always loved dogwoods.  We had some in the yard where I grew up.  They are glorious in the spring against the new green leaves of other trees.  I always associate them with April and with Easter.  So for some adult family birthdays for this month, I chose to use Papertrey Ink’s Warm Regards that feature this lovely bloom. Since one is for my sister-in-law and one is for my husband, I went with green sentiments for one and brown for my husband.  I’m also putting this one in for Win It Wednesdays with Laurie over on the PTI blog for this month.  Wanda Cullen over at Cullen-ary Creations was able to verbalize my style – Clean Layers with florals as the usual focal point.  Hats off to you Wanda for putting our style into words.  It's nice to have my style verbalized so that I am not be envious of those beautiful creations of others that just don't seem to work for me.  I have a style, and it's gorgeous as well in its own way!
·      Stamp set(s):  PTI – Warm Regards & Inspired: Hope Stamp Sets  
·      Ink(s):  PTI – Ripe Avocado & Cocoa Bean Die Inks; Fresh Snow Hybrid Ink
·      Paper:  PTI – Classis Kraft & Cocoa Bean or Ripe Avocado, Classic Kraft Gingham
·      Dies & Embossing folders:  PTI – Warm Regards Die, Scallop Stackers: Medium Die, Say It Simply: Lovely Birthday Die; MFT – Happy Birthday Die
·      Embellishments/Other things of note:  Faber-Castell – Polychromos Dark Red Pencil; Pretty Pink Posh – 6mm Espresso Sequins; Wink of Stella – Clear Pen; Hampton Art – Glitter Glue
As I look back on the cards that I do, this style with clean layers and florals is one I often use for my cards.  My next blog post features two cards I’m sending to my daughters.  Very similar style this time using feathers instead of flowers, but still with those layers.  I think I like the layers because you can tuck the florals in and around the sentiment being used.  There are variations to how this looks depending on how you place the floral or other small layering elements.  So that’s my story for today.  What do you think?  Has Wanda named a new style moniker?
I've added the inside sentiment and what I've decided to do for all the cards I make and send or sell.  I am putting words of encouragement - often featuring scripture - on the back of my cards as an encouragement for those who receive these cards.  One of two top spiritual gifts is the gift of encouragement so this just makes complete sense to me; not to mention it points others towards Jesus!
         Thank you for stopping by my little place here on the web!  I enjoyed having you.  See you soon with more paper goodness!
Many Blessings,

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!