Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Of Cards and Daughters


               One of my strongest spiritual gifts, is the gift of encouragement.  I guess I chose the right profession – clinical social work, but I find myself often in need of cards to send to family or friends when I know that they are going thru some difficult times.  Both of my precious all grown-up daughters are facing life issues – not medical life threatening or anything like that.  But this world is a crazy place to live sometimes, and we all face challenges that are difficult.  As a mother, I just want to encourage my girls even though both are grown and out of the nest.  It’s just that mothering and nurturing instinct that never goes away.  So, I created these cards with each of my girls in mind.  


I most often use photopolymer stamps, but when I heard that Heather Nichols who used to design for Papertrey Ink had a release coming out over on Taylored Expressions, I HAD to check it out.  And I did, and I bought her lovely new stamps and die sets.  I’ve stopped buying rubber stamps because I love to see where I’m stamping BUT, using my MISTI and scrap paper helped me get everything lined up and straight so I just might be indulging myself more over at Taylored Expressions.  They also have a lovely line of stencils and embossing folders, too!  Be sure to check them out!
·      Stamp set(s):  Taylored Expressions – Simply Stamped: Feathers & Wild & Free Stamp Sets   
·      Ink(s):  PTI – True Black, Aqua Mist, Tropical Teal, Hibiscus Bursts, Raspberry Fizz (black card), Lemon Tart, & Bright Buttercup (Aqua Mist card)
·      Paper:  PTI – Stamper’s Select White, True Black & Aqua Mist
·      Dies & Embossing folders:  TE – Simply Stamped: Feathers Die; Bead Board Embossing Folder; Honey Bee – A2 Double Stitched Frames
·      Embellishments/Other things of note:  Pretty Pink Posh – 6mm Onyx Sequins, Summer Flowers Sequins, 4/6mm Sparkling Clear Sequins, Zig Wink Of Stella – Clear 
There are some differences between the cards – which was caused by an error on my part but when that happens, there’s always more cardstock (I know I’m a hoarder there! LOL) and more die cutting to be done. My girls are different and so should their cards be, too! 
Thank you for stopping by for a visit!  Come back soon!  Sign up to follow and you’ll be notified of new posts, too!
Many Blessings,
Donna
PS:  Normally not two posts in one day!  We've been traveling recently so I got behind!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!