Monday, April 22, 2019

Vintage Beauties for Win It Wednesday

          I’m back with another entry for WIW and Laurie’s Fabulous Favorites over at the Papertrey Ink Blog.  This time the challenge was to make a card using your favorite coloring medium.  Other than stamping and layered images, my go to for a long time has been my Copic Sketch markers.  I just love the depth you can get with shading.  The set I chose is not one that I would usually choose for coloring with Copics but I’m not sure why.  It is a set that I really love and comes with its own fill-in stamp to color the flower. I didn’t really pay too much attention to my light source but did end up with most of the deeper colors on the lower left of the petals.  Go figure! I’m pleased with the outcome.  I had chosen these colors to use with some new Nuvo Embellishment Mousse in Pacific Teal but had some trouble get the colors to match up on a cloudy day without the sunlight.  They look fine on this pretty summer day today.  I’ll make a card with the leftover blooms for a later time!  I do think the card turned out great!  Below you’ll find all the details!

·      Stamp set(s):  PTI – Vintage Linens Stamp Set    
·      Ink(s):  PTI – Aqua Mist; Memento – Tuxedo Black; Copic – BG13, BG15, BG18
·      Paper:  PTI – Stamper’s Select White, Aqua Mist Gingham
·      Dies & Embossing folders:  PTI – Vintage Linens Die, To the Point Edgers 2 Die
·      Embellishments/Other things of note:  Wink of Stella – Clear; Pretty Pink Posh – 6mm Sparkling Clear Sequins
I used the Wink of Stella pen on the center of the flowers to give them some sparkle and shine.  The sequins add another touch of shine and are the perfect touch for this simple layered floral.
Thank you so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week and Happy Monday.  FYI, I just started packing for a move from NC to Greenville, SC at the end of next month.  I might not be as visible around my blog after I get Mother’s Day cards out of the way.  It’s going to be a challenge to decide what goes into storage and what stays with me from my craftroom while we live in an apartment for a few months while our home in High Point sells, and we find the perfect home to buy in Greenville.  I’m just looking forward to it all being over! 
Many Blessings,
Donna

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card. Love the colors of the pretty flowers and the gingham paper behind them. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!