Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Inspiration from the Greetery!

       
             I am loving the first release from The Greetery! As usual, Betsy Veldman has done it again with turning her water colored blooms and scenes into stamps and stencils to help us all look like artists!  I am blown away by this release.  I’ll be featuring two cards on this post made with the stamps, dies and stencils from this brand new company!


My first card features The Greetery’s Fleur Impressions Stamps & Dies.  Aren’t they lovely?  I’m not good at water coloring – I need to practice more but even then, I don’t think I have the talent that Betsy does.  She’s simply amazing with a brush and water colors.  I’m so glad that she shares her talent with us!  I wanted to really showcase these lovely blooms but I wanted texture so I turned to this Garden Gild die.  It has a floral theme to it and I think it works perfectly with the Fleur Impressions’ florals.  Once I figured out how to line up the stamps for layering, everything went smoothly and these blooms just blew me away!  I had a fun afternoon inking up my stamps and experimenting with ink colors to layer away! But these were my favorite even though I didn’t get to the blues and blue-greens in my ink stash.  I debated about sequins to give my flowers some sparkle and went with some small 4mm sparkling clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh! Just a few scattered around seemed to enhance these gorgeous blooms.  
I’m entering this card over on the Papertrey Ink Blog for Laurie’s Fabulous Favorites.  This week’s favorites were to use your favorite card layout and create a card. I choose florals and a simple tone on tone background.  I did flip the placement of the flowers from the top left to lower right to let the intricacy of the Garden Gild cover plate shine thru.  It is so gorgeous don’t you think?  It perfectly sets of those lovely blooms!  I think it was the right choice!
·      Stamp set(s):  PTI – The Skinny Stamp Set; The Greetery – Fleur Impressions Stamp Set   
·      Ink(s):  PTI – Sweet Blush, Pale Peony, Berry Sorbet, Harvest Gold, New Leaf
·      Paper:  PTI – Stamper’s Select White
·      Dies & Embossing folders:  PTI – Make It Market Mini: Garden Gild Die; The Greetery – Fleur Impressions Die
·      Embellishments/Other things of note:  Pretty Pink Posh – 4mm Sparkling Clear Sequins  

My second card features the Fir & Foliage #1 suite of products!  They are awesome.  I first stenciled the Cobblestone Path using Stormy Sea ink to give it the look of a flag stone walk way.  The two-step stencil was easy to use and it comes with a mask to ink blend around it to make a scene with the walk way going off into the distance.  Love this!  I stamped the trees from the stamp set  and cut them out placing them so that they give depth to my scene and used the Comforting Commands stamp and die set to give my scene a peaceful and thoughtful tone. Love the matching dies to each of the four big sentiments.  I finished off my card front with some floral sequins in the grassy areas to add a touch of whimsy!  Besides there are often flowers popping up in grassy areas, right?
·      Stamp set(s):  The Greetery – Fir & Foliage #1 & Comforting Commands Stamp Sets 
·      Ink(s):  Papertrey Ink – Green Parakeet, New Leaf, Ripe Avocado, Cocoa Bean, Stormy Sea, Spring Rain
·      Paper:  PTI – Stamper’s Select White, Fresh Snow Linen (base) & New Leaf (sentiment stack)
·      Dies & Embossing folders:  Heffy Doodle – Imperial Stitched Rectangle Die; The Greetery – Fir & Foliage #1 Die & Comforting Commands Die
·      Embellishments/Other things of note:  Picket Fence Studio – Life Changing Brushes; The Greetery – Cobblestone Path Stencil; Pretty Pink Posh – Summer Flowers Sequin Mix

That’s all for this time!  I’m looking forward to the next release from the Greetery. With Fir & Foliage #1, I’ve got to assume that there is going to be more in the series along with designs from Betsy’s daughter who did that cute panda this time.  Next order, that Panda will be mine.  
That’s all for now!  Thanks for stopping by to see me and my inklings about my projects!
Many Blessings,
Donna

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful cards! Both are super pretty and well done, Donna.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!