Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Vintage Turn-about Birthday


            I had originally done this card for Color Throw Down #527 but didn’t get it made in time.  Due to the business of the last few weeks and doing all of my Valentine’s cards, I’m just now getting around to posting this card to my blog.  I really liked the way this one turned out and have it now in my stash of completed cards!  I chose the W Plus 9 stamp set because I’ve always loved these florals, and I wanted to experiment with using other stamps sets I already have with Gina K’s brilliant wreath builder stencils.  I like the way this card turned out!  It would be easy to make multiple cards at the same time with the stencil and any set in your collection that has smaller type of images.  I just wished that I had rounded the corners of the wreath image to mimic the roundness of the flowers!  Next Time!  Here is what I used but feel free to substitute the colors that you have in your craftroom! 
·      Stamp set(s):  W Plus 9 – Very Vintage Floral SS
·      Ink(s):  PTI – Dark Indigo, New Leaf, Weathervane
·      Paper:  Stampers Select White, New Leaf, Dark Indigo
·      Dies & Embossing folders:  Cottage Cutz – Happy Birthday Dies
·      Embellishments/Other things of note:  Gina K – Wreath Builder Stencil, 4”; Nuvo – Crystal Drops Gloss-Simply White; DMC – Color Infusions, Silver; Stash – Gray Button
I had finished the card but I still thought that it lacked a bit of oomph and dimension.  I pulled out my Nuvo drops and added some “white berries” to the gray sprigs.  That just seemed to do it.  A tip I learned here:  DO NOT try to dry these drops with your heat gun!  They blow up and pop with heat.  Be patient!  Patience pays off.  Thankfully, not many of them “exploded” on me.  I’m still able to use the card since the drops are fairly small!
Thank you for stopping by to take a look!  I’d love to hear from you if you’re so inclined!
Many Blessings,

Donna

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!