Thursday, February 14, 2019

The Daily Marker 30 Day Geranium


It took a while due to a hectic schedule and a migraine, but here is the finished product in card form!  Water coloring definitely has a learning curve, and I’m right at the beginning of the curve! LOL  But I did enjoy the process and got better with my new Arteza Real Brush Markers as time went by!  Overall, I’m fairly pleased with the outcome.  I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to free hand watercolor as I still don’t draw really well.  My guess is the ability to do both goes hand in hand!  Just as long as I can color and mostly stay between the lines, I’ll be happy with water coloring.  The key to me is to enjoy the process and not get tied up in knots about being perfect. I knew that reds in Copic Markers are bleeders, and I’d say that that is true of red watercolors.  Just saying!  Even when I’d been careful to not wet across the line, that red ran away from home!  I do want to say, that the Power Poppy image was fun to color.  It’s beautifully drawn and digitized.  I might have had some better luck with the running of the reds if I’d been able to get my older printer to print out some of the heavier cardstock.  As it is, this is a fairly light water color paper from Archivers (now out of business for several years!  Should tell you something about my stash!).
·   Stamp set(s):  Power Poppy – Geranium digital stamp; PTI – Counting My Blessings SS (inside sentiment) 
·      Ink(s):  Versafine Clair - Nocturne
·      Paper:  Archivers – watercolor paper; PTI – Limeade Ice, True Black; Paper Studio – Black Glitter Paper
·      Dies & Embossing folders:  PTI – Counting My Blessings Die; Spellbinders – Card Creator A-2 Matting Basics A 
·      Embellishments/Other things of note:  Arteza Real Brush Watercolor pens – A118, A101, A107, A140, A154, A126, A146; Pretty Pink Posh – 6mm Raspberry Sequins; 4mm Mossy Green Sequins
I liked these markers for me.  They’re very similar to my set of 24 Zig Real Brush Markers but they had the set of 48 on sale at 65% off.  So I took the plunge from an Instagam ad.  The red is really rich and intense which I didn’t really have in my Zigs. For a beginner in the watercolor arena these real brush pens were a good price point though I don’t know how much actual color is in each brush.  I think they are a good investment for me at the beginning of the learning curve!
Thank you for stopping by my blog!  I appreciate your visit!
Many Blessings,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!