Saturday, February 9, 2019

Stitching Up a Garden of Thanks


I’m participating in Papertrey Ink’s inaugural Win It Wednesdays with Laurie’s Fabulous Favorites! This is a new feature for PTI since they announced some changes to their lineup on February 1st! Laurie’s card with its black and white background caught my eye.  My favorites from PTI are their floral stamp sets and dies.  As my one of many favorites, I brought out Betsy Veldman’s Stitching Garden stamp set and dies.  These are lovely multi-step stamping images with lots of gorgeous detail!  I used Laurie’s card as an inspiration and new the Bold Borders: Diagonal Die which gave me that same graphic look as the black and white stripes on her card.  I spent an afternoon experimenting with ink colors and layering them on the flowers and leaves.  I chose my greens for a spring green effect!  This larger bloom was one of my favorite combinations – you might see the yellow version cropping up soon on another card!  It was stunning as well! I’m going to miss Betsy’s style and her designs on the PTI team!
·      Stamp set(s): PTI – Stitching Garden SS 
·      Ink(s):  PTI – Aqua Mist, Tropical Teal, Hawaiian Shores, Bright Buttercup, Green Parakeet, New Leaf
·      Paper:  PTI – True Black, Stampers’ Select White; Paper Studio – Black Glitter CS 
·      Dies & Embossing folders:  PTI – Stitching Garden Dies, Bold Borders: Diagonal Stripe
·      Embellishments/Other things of note:  Verve – Sequin Mix
Although you can’t see it very well, I stacked a glitter die cut on top the True Black “Thanks” die cut to give my card front a little more “umph”!  The additional layer gives it a hint of sparkle that I love as well as some additional dimension.  I added a few sequins to help guide the eye across the card to complete the look.  Simple but classy is what I was going for, and I think I got that right on this card!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.  Leave a comment if you feel so inclined.  I’d love to know that you visited me here!
Many Blessings,

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!