Thursday, July 11, 2013

Sharing Sorrow


          The MOJO Monday 300 celebration is over, but they just came up with another beautiful sketch for #301.  I really loved this sketch and made one of my best offerings I think that I’ve done for one of their sketches.  I hope that you’ll agree! 
         All of the products used for the card are from Stampin’ Up!  I needed another sympathy card for a dear friend from church whose mother recently lost her battle with cancer.  I chose to use SU’s new collection, Modern Medley DSP.  I just love this collection and hadn’t used it yet either.  I didn’t deliberately choose black paper for a sympathy card, but I really wanted to use this new collection.  I added a pop of yellow to represent in my thoughts, the hope we have in Jesus when we lose a loved one knowing that we will see them again on the other side of the veil!  I hope that you like what you see here!

·       Stamp set(s):  Thoughts & Prayers

·       Ink(s):  Basic Black & Daffodil Delight

·       Paper:  Modern Medley DSP, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Very Vanilla CS

·       Dies & Embossing folders:  Framelits Ovals Collection, Sizzix Clearlits Scallop Rectangle. Fancy Fan EF

·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  White Simply Pressed Clay, Buttons & Blossoms Simply Pressed Molds, Craft Knife, Silicon Craft Sheet, Basic Jewels Pearls

The card is 5.5” x 4.25” with a top fold.  I flipped the layout a bit to make if flow a little better for my purposes and to give me more room on the right side of the card for the sentiment.  I used the Simply Pressed Clay and molds for the first time with this.  My tip for their use is this:  put the filled molds in the freezer for about 10 minutes for both the flower and the buttons before turning them out on the craft sheet; trim off the excess clay AFTER they have dried so that you don’t deform the molded clay while trying to remove the excess clay.  I tried it both ways.  I used the Fancy Fan EF because I like its elegance and the way it mimics to some degree the design of the larger piece of patterned paper.  I played with the size of the yellow paper and the music paper to get them to balance the lower part of the card.  I matted the sentiment on the paper I cut out with the Clearlits and embossed which I cut into halves horizontally.

Thank you for stopping by to take a look and read my “inklings” about my project.  I appreciate you so very much!

Many Blessings,

Donna
PS:  This is the original sketch!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!