Sunday, July 7, 2013

Red, White & Blue For You

 
Hi, I’m back with a post for 2 challenges for this week – one ends today and one tomorrow.  MOJO Monday is celebrating its 300th weekly challenge with prizes from several sponsors.  I’m also entering this in SCS Color Challenge 433 – RED, WHITE & BLUE (7/2/13); this is a first time submission for me to this challenge.  I’m trying to do more challenges to stretch my creativity and grow my design sense!  This card is 4.25” by 5.5”.
·       Stamp set(s):  All Stampin’ Up!:  Elements of Style, Everything Eleanor & Itty Bitty Banners
·       Ink(s):  SU:  Cherry Cobbler;  Tim Holtz Distress Inks Vintage Photo
·       Paper:  SU:  Whisper White, Bravo Burgundy (ret.); Bazzill:  Navy textured cs; Rusty Pickle:  Rockin’ America Independence Day – how appropriate and also from my stash!
·       Dies & Embossing folders:  Cuttlebug – Swiss Dots EF; SU:  Cloudy Day EF (ret.) and Framelits – Bitty Banners; Spellbinders – Classic Scalloped Squares Large & Beaded Circles
·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  Archiver’s – Shabby White Embossing Powder; Zing – Clear Embossing Powder; Recollections – Rhinestones; American Crafts – Ribbon
I had some difficulty matching cardstock to my chosen All American Paper that I chose for my theme for both challenges.  I added the embossed flourish on the Bravo Burgundy CS to give my project a little something beyond just a “red” color.  I like that it adds some interest and depth to the project.  I embossed the navy cs with the Cloudy Day EF to go with a bird in flight stamped image.  I stamped the bird with Cherry Cobbler ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder – same for the sentiment!  The circle is the other side of the paper that I used as the first layer on my card.  I brought the circle forward one layer from the sketch to use it to mat the sentiment.  The stars on the circle are rhinestone shaped stars that cover up the white stars on the paper – gotta have some bling going on somewhere.  I edged the square stamped image in Cherry Cobbler.  I decided to distress the image and the card base with Vintage Photo because the white was too stark against the darker colors.  The first layer of the paper also was more of a distressed look to it, too.  I am overall pleased with the outcome and have another card to put back for the special men in my life since I think that this card has a masculine vibe to it!
Thank you for stopping by my corner of the world.  I hope you enjoyed what you see and will come back to check on my work from time to time!
Many Blessings,
Donna



2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is simply gorgeous. Perfectly distressed and amazing texture. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday 300!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Julee! I really enjoy playing along with your sketches - and trying to win a gift certificate to buy some of your wonderful stamps - especially the scripture ones as I send out get well and sympathy cards for me church. Your contests are such blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!