Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Happy Anniversary from Apothecary Arts


         
           I am in need of anniversary card for my brother and his wife who will be celebrating their 47th wedding anniversary next week.  My brother has had some recent health issues that gave us all a scare so I wanted to really recognize their accomplishment and show my gratitude to the Lord for His Mercy towards my brother!  God is soooo GOOD!!!!!  This is also my first entry into the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club.  I love their stamps and dies; I have a few but would love to get some more with their gift certificates that they award to one lucky stamper each week.  What a blessing!  Here’s my list of what I used to make my card.  Once again, I got in a rush and forgot to emboss the yellow piece of CS before I put it all together.  I was trying to get this done before my husband got home from work.  Help me to remember!!!!  My card is 5.5’ by 4.25’.

·       Stamp set(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Memorable Moments & Apothecary Art

·       Ink(s):  Memento Tuxedo Black; Stampin’ Up! – Daffodil Delight and Pear Pizazz

·       Paper:  Stampin’ Up! – Whisper White, Daffodil Delight and Pear Pizazz;  Karen Foster Designs Yellow Garden (2003) a golden oldie in my stash probably bought on sale at a store I used to work for where it was hard for the owner to let go of old stuff!  LOL  She’s a real paper hoarder!

·       Dies & Embossing folders:  Stampin’ Up! – Framelits Labels Collection   

·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  Sandy Lion Cream & Sugar Stickers, Big Shot, SU Blender Pens, Stamp-a-ma-jig

When I saw the sketch, I immediately thought about the Apothecary Art SS.  The shape of the stamp and coordinating die is very similar.  I made a few changes to the layout by making it horizontal and enlarging the shape to accommodate the stamp.  I stamped the design in Memento Tuxedo Black and used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to get the placement right for the sentient in the middle.  Someone deserves an award for thinking up this handy little tool!  I colored the flowers and leaves with Daffodil Delight and Pear Pizazz respectfully using my SU Blender Pens.  It’s so easy to do and you get great results.  Love this!  I popped the sentiment up with Stampin’ Dimensionals and added the flower to the lower right corner of the card.  I also rounded the corners of the card base and yellow mat to mimic the curves of the stamped image.

It really was a simple card to pull together – just wished I’d remember to emboss the yellow mat!  Oh, well next time.  I’ll start my card for this Wednesday’s Stamp Club earlier.  But I did get my card ready in plenty of time to get it to the happy couple in Georgia early next week!

Thanks for stopping by.  I’d love to have you leave a comment.  I was told about the crazy letter stuff that was on my blog if you leave a comment and took it off so that you can leave comments easier!  Please do and let me know what you think!

Many Blessings and Happy 4th of July!  Celebrate Our Independence Day!
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!