Friday, July 19, 2013

MOJO Monday 302



          This is the first project I’ve designed since my trip to the hospital last week.  I’m back and feeling better and my heart rate is back to normal!  Thank you, Lord.  This is for this week’s Mojo Monday sketch challenge.  I’ve done two-step stamping using SU’s new Crisp Cantaloupe Ink and Calypso Coral using the Stippled Blossom SS also from SU.  I’ve wanted to do that for a while and this is my chance to design a girlie Birthday Card.  I like how it turned out and hope that you do, too!

·       Stamp set(s):  SU – Stippled Blossoms & Simply Sketched 

·       Ink(s):  SU – Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Calypso Coral

·        Paper:  Graphic 45 – Baby 2 Bride Collection, Baby Button Bingo; SU – Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Calypso Coral, & Very Vanilla CS

·       Dies & Embossing folders:  SU – Framelits Ovals Collection and Secret Garden Dies; EF – Elegant Lines(retired) & Fancy Fan; Spellbinders – Classic Scalloped Squares Large

·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  Stamp-a-ma-Jig; McGill Paper Blossoms Craft Molding Mat & Tools; SU – Stretch Ruffled Trim Ribbon in Crisp Cantaloupe, Basic Pearls Large, Stampin’ Dimensionals

          The card is 4.25” by 5.5” with a left side fold.  The two-step stamping technique is so easy with the Stamp-a-ma-jig and it really turns out a beautiful flower with this stamp set that is fast becoming one of my favorites.  I’d use it more if Stampin’ Up! had a die to cut it out with since I’m not a fan of fussy cutting.  I’ll do it when I have to like it this case.  But, HINT, HINT Stampin’ Up!, you really need to get with the industry!  Enough of my preaching!!  The only thing I really did a little different to add depth to the leaves I cut out was stenciling the leaves with color on color Pistachio Pudding while the die was still in place.  I shortened the leaf stem a bit to make it work with the size of my corner embellishment.  I really liked the Graphic 45 paper I used from my stash here.  Crisp Cantaloupe and Pistachio Pudding Papers and Inks were perfect matches. 

          Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.  I hope you are also enjoying the new look of my blog.  I updated yesterday and like the new look!

Many Blessings,

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!