Friday, January 18, 2019

Wintery Watercolor Birthday


          I have never tried water coloring with reinkers before but was inspired by the PTI’s blog post for Make It Monday on 1/7/2019 to try.  I wanted to get it in for that contest that goes with that but my DreamBox from The Original ScrapBox arrived on Tuesday.  I’ll have more on that later once I get my craftroom back together. I’ve got lots of arrival, building and before pics of my craftroom a.k.a. smallest of 3 bedrooms in out townhome. But I wanted to try my hand.  I had some trouble with the ink kind of settling and “staining” the paper.  I don’t know if it was my technique or paper or what.  I’m still pretty new to watercoloring with watercolors from Prima, Altenew and Zig Real Brush markers so…  Anyway, this is  how my final card looked though not in time for last week’s Make It Monday, but I did try something new!  Yeah for me letting perfectionism go.  I even debated whether to share it here, but I figure many of you out there are pretty much like me and as Jennifer McGuire said in one of her videos about watercoloring to not look for perfection but enjoy the moment or something similar (my take on her statement).
·      Stamp set(s):  PTI – Mountain Majesty SS;  MFT-Big Birthday Sentiment 
·      Ink(s):  PTI – Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky, & Enchanted Evening Reinkers; Enchanted Evening and Pinefeather Stamp Pads
·      Paper:  PTI – Spring Rain CS; Strathmore Watercolor Cold Pressed Paper, 400 Series 140#
·      Dies & Embossing folders:  PTI – Mountain Majesty Die; Signo White Gel Pen; SU – Frosted Retired snowflakes and sequins
·      Embellishments/Other things of note:  Wink of Stella Clear Pen 
Overall, I like the way the card turned out even with the uneven – to me – shading of the sky but it does have a wintry feel with the snowflakes and silver toned sequins.  Besides, my brother for whom I made this card will appreciate the effort – well maybe; he is after all my older brother and you now how they can be! J  That’s all for now.   Hope you’re having a great day!  

Many Blessings,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!