Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Make It Monday: Lots of (Love) Letters

     
      
            Part of the relaunch of Ink(lings) Artistry is my intention to participate in more challenges from blogs and companies that I purchase products from on a regular basis.  Papertrey Ink has become my go to for paper and stamps over recent months; and I get their blog posts on a regular basis.  This week’s Make It Monday (1/21/2019) intrigued me so I pulled out the new Bold Borders: Arabesque (with that lovely You die cut included) and some of their alphabet dies and went to work.  I’ve made this card with no stamping on the outside.  I’ll add a sentiment later on the inside for Valentine’s Day or a “just because I love you” kind of card.  It did look a little plain to me so I got the idea from a IG and blog I follow to line the inside of the rectangle in the middle of the card and to frame the "you" die cut with some of the glitter yardstick.  WOW!!!  That really stepped it up!!
         Here are the details for my card!  It was easy to make, but a word of advice:  use a metal shim when cutting out the Bold Borders dies (all of them) because they are intricate.  It will save you time!
·      Paper:  PTI – Weathervane, Raspberry Fizz; Paper Studio – Solid Glitter - Silver
·      Dies & Embossing folders:  PTI – Bold Borders: Arabesque Die, Modern Alphabet Upper Dies
·      Embellishments/Other things of note:  Fiskars (?) Heart Punch
That’s it for now.  I’ll be working on some Valentine’s Day cards in the next few weeks. I’m finding it much more enjoyable to be in my craftroom with it’s new organized vibe.  Still making minor adjustment.  I’ll be posting pictures on a later post.  Hopefully before February 1st.  BTW, I now using a MacBook Pro for my blogging, and I'm having trouble with using my Phtoshop Elements.  It's really different platform from my earlier version on the Windows based computer.  I'll be trying to learn to import and crop my photos for a better image but until I do, please bear with me.  
Many Blessings,

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!