Tuesday, January 29, 2019

A Unicorn For Valentine's Day


          Valentine’s Day is just around the corner.  I’ve been in my new and improved craft room using my new DreamBox from the Original ScrapBox!  It makes it so much easier to get to my stash and put things away as I craft. It’s all right there in plain sight! All those lovely colors. I’ve got some other cards to share later, but this Potbellies Unicorn Die from Papertrey Ink’s January release by designer Betsy Veldman is such a keeper!  I saw it and thought “Malin would love this”!  You can make it into a shaker or treats card, too! The die set has everything you need to do this cute card and the others as well.  Onto the enablers list!
·      Stamp set(s):  Verve – Love Notes SS
·      Ink(s):  PTI – Soft Stone cube
·      Paper:  PTI – Hawaiian Shores CS, Hawaiian Shores Gingham, Stamper’s Select White
·      Dies & Embossing folders:  PTI – Potbellies Unicorn Die, From the Heart Mini Die & Modern Alphabet Upper Die
·      Embellishments/Other things of note:  Zig Clean Color Brush Markers – 025 Pink; Eyelet Outlet – Black Enamel Dots; Nuvo Crystal Glaze; Copic Spica Pen – Black; SU – In Color Sequins (ret.)
         I really loved how this turned out.  There are like A LOT of little pieces to cut out and keep up with to make this little guy or gal sparkle but it’s worth it.  I cut out 3 of these Potbellies Unicorns at the same time and managed to get them all coordinated.  For the card base, I did a long cut (4.25” by 11”) of an 8.5” by 11’ piece of cardstock and scored it in half.  I lined up the die and left the top hanging off the folded end of the cardstock.  After attaching the card front to the cut-out base, this little Unicorn stood on her own two feet – so to speak!  A little black glitter cardstock for the hooves and some sequins gave this gal some real bling and should make my little granddaughter happy on Valentine’s Day! That’s a Win/Win for all!
         Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit to my blog!  Let me know what you think if you are so inclined.  I’d also love to have you follow me as I restart Ink(lings) Artistry after a long time away!  There’s a story in that but that’s for another time and place!
Many Blessings,

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!