Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sycamore Street Perfect Birthday

 
         I had yet to use the Marianne dies to make a cupcake and that had been bothering me since I’ve had it for over a year.  You know how it is!  LOL  Anyway, I decided to use a playful theme this year for my husband’s birthday card, so his birthday celebration will now have a cupcake theme to it!  (I’ve made Trader Joe’s Guiltfree Brownies in individual cupcake size and will frost them with the new CoolWhip Frosting for a lighter on the fat desert!)

  •  Stamp set(s):  All by Stampin’ Up! – SAB Vintage Verses, Carry On (Hostess Only), and SAB Perfect Petites
  •  Ink(s):  SU’s Tangerine Tango & Midnight Muse;  Color Box Chalk Ink, Chestnut Roan (Makes the cupcake “paper liner” looked like it’s been baked!  I thought that was a nice touch!)
  • Paper:  SU SAB Sycamore Street, Midnight Muse & Pool Party, 2012-2014 Designer Stack
  • Dies & Embossing folders:   SU Sizzlits S Pinwheels die, Cupcake Creatables by Marianne Dies, SU Sizzix Big Shot Top Note die & Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Ovals
  • Embellishments/Other things of note:  Perfect Petites Punch; Buttons from Sycamore Street Ribbon & Button Pack; SU Brights Brads; Martha Stewart Arch Lattice Border Punch; sponge daubers, round toothpick, pop up foam, and DMC Embroidery Floss

This card was made 6.5”x6”.  I love the playfulness of the dots & stars of the paper from Sycamore Street.  The pinwheel adds a touch of whimsy, too.  All in all, I liked the way it turned out.  With the dotted paper on the inside bottom of the card showing through and below the punched edge, it lends a nice touch to the card on the front and inside below the stamped sentiment.  I also like the way the round buttons imitate the round dots on the paper just below it.  All in all, I am well pleased with the playfulness of this card.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.  Have a wonderful day!

Many Blessings,

Donna

PS:  Below are the pics of the inside of the card and the cupcakes!  BTW, those Trader Joe’s Reduced Guilt Brownies make an excellent CUPCAKE!!!  They were delicious and not too bad for my Weight Watchers’ Point Plus even with the frosting.  YUM!!!!



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!