Tuesday, April 2, 2013

MOJO Monday 287 & Just For You





 

Just For You just sort of all came together after deciding to enter the MOJO Monday Blog Contest.  I knew of course that I wanted to do some flowers on such a beautiful spring day here in the Piedmont of NC.  As I went thru my Scrap Rack, this lovely MME paper grabbed my attention.  I loved the colors and they were so warm and bright after a long, cold March!  I’ve listed below the items I used to create this card that I think turned out OK (except for this:  I did not notice until I finished the card that I too quickly worked on the silhouette I’d stamped in Tangerine Tango as it smeared a little because I had not left it to dry!  Bummer, but I still liked the results!)

·         Stamp set(s):  SU Just Believe & SU My Little Valentine

·         Ink(s):  SU Tangerine Tango, SU Marina Mist(sentiment), SU Baja Breeze

·        Paper:  My Mind’s Eye “Pretty Please:  Full of Flowers” Paper, SU Whisper White, SU Baja Breeze, & SU Tangerine Tango

·        Dies & Embossing folders: Cuttlebug Kassie’s Brocade Embossing folder, Heartfelt Creations Die #713 Decorative Lace Border, and 3 Spellbinders Dies – Beaded Circles, Classic Ovals Large, and Classic Scalloped Ovals Large

·         Embellishments/Other things of note:  SU Basic Jewels Rhinestones, corner rounder punch, SU Stampin’ Dimensionals

The card base is 4.25” by 5.5” made from Baja Breeze.  I used Baja Breeze also for the lace die after which I trimmed 2/3 of the lace trim away with scissors.  I used my Cuttlebug to cut out this very intricate die so that I could use a thin metal plate to get a good cut.  I use this metal plate when I want to use really intricate dies to make sure I get a really clean cut.  Also, a doubled piece of wax paper also helps my cut image to release easily from the die.

The beaded circle was cut from Tangerine Tango CS.  The MME paper was cut to 4” by 5.25” and the corners on one vertical side were rounded – I like the softness that pairs well with the flower theme of the paper and stamped image.  Both the beaded circle and the floral paper were run thru my Big Shot.

I stamped the sentiment, cut it out, and then trimmed the outer edge off so that the Tangerine Tango mat would be more visible and play off the silhouette stamped in ink of the same color as the die.  I used pop up foam to make the sentiment jump off the card for added dimension on top of the layers.  I inked around the edges of the main stamp with Baja Breeze ink and the MME paper with Tangerine Tango ink.

Here is the inside image of my card!  Below is the original sketch for this week's MOJO Monday Challenge.  Here is the link to MOJO Monday's blog:  http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/2013/04/mojo-monday-287-contest_1.html
I hope that you like this offering and thanks for taking a look!

Many blessings,

Donna


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!