Monday, April 1, 2013

Anniversary Card For My Guy



         Thom & I recently celebrated our anniversary – had a lovely time in Charleston, SC!  (It was a wonderfully romantic time away from home in a beautiful city!)  As I’ve mentioned previously, guy cards can be a challenge for a woman who loves flowers and bling, but I hope that I rose to the challenge.  I used the same stamp set as my previous post; just used the bicycle this time.  Thom & I like to bicycle when time and health permits so it just seemed to work for me.  I wanted to use my new Spellbinders Die Page Maps (designed by Becky Fleck) and the banners in SU DSP Pool Party seemed a perfect fit!  So here is my list of products used!

·        Stamp set(s):  SU Feeling Sentimental (SAB)  & Word Play

·        Ink(s):  SU Midnight Muse

·       Paper:  All from SU – Whisper White, Midnight Muse, DSP Pool Party, and DSP Pattern Stack, 2012-2014

·       Dies & Embossing folders:  All Spellbinders dies – Classic Scalloped Squares, Classic Scalloped Ovals, Large and Page Maps

·        Embellishments/Other things of note:  DMS Embroidery Floss # 311, Recollections Super Fine Glitter, SU Jewels Basic Rhinestones and SU Buttons, Bitty

Sometimes, we are our own worst critic.  At first I wasn’t satisfied with this offering, but the more I looked at it the card, the more I realized that I was looking at it through my FLOWER Glasses – the lens that I use for most of my designs.  I like the flow of the smaller banners on the paper when juxtaposed to my larger banners that I cut out with my new die.  I used the ric rac die that comes with the set to add some movement across the bottom of the card where I used a 1.75” strip of striped paper – say that fast – that I added glitter to.  Even my husband needs some bling now & again!  LOL  With a couple of heart buttons from the Bitty Collection, I felt that I completed the project.  Thom liked the card, too, and when it really comes down to it, that is what matters most!

Thanks for stopping by my little part of the web to take a look!

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!