Sunday, January 19, 2020

Rainbow Hearts


          My Honey Bee Stamps order arrived late afternoon on Friday so by yesterday I was back in my craftroom inking up these new stencils – love! – and making Valentine’s cards for my Etsy shop.  I made a card with each of the heart stencils.  I blended Gina K inks on her heavy weight cardstock with the Taylored Expressions blending brushes.  They spread like butter on hot toast together and got these glorious blends!  How fun are these colors?!  Each panel is 4.25” by 5.5” and popped up on a white card base with Fun Foam (from Amazon) for a bit of depth and dimension!  All of my supplies are listed below!


·       Stamp set(s):  Gina K – Heart SS & Love Is All You Need SS (inside)    
·       Ink(s):  Gina K – Red Velvet, In the Navy, Passionate Pink, Tranquil Teal, Coral Reef, Wild Dandelion, Jelly Bean Green, Black Onyx
·       Paper:  Gina K – Heavy Weight White, Black Onyx
·       Dies & Embossing folders:  Gina K – Heart Die; Heffy Doodle – Imperial Stitched Rectangle Dies 
·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  Honey Bee – Fluttering Hearts Stencils; Taylored Expressions – Blending Brushes; Fun Foam – White; Ranger – Glossy Accents; Verve – sequins (retired) 
I love using supplies from different companies as I create.  The stamps and dies and other items worked together perfectly to bring both of these cards together.  I especially love the “Heart” die as it was part of a stamp and die combo that I received last fall at  class taught by Gina K herself in Greensboro, NC.  I cut out the heart die 6 times – 3 for each card and stacked them together with her Connect Glue.  I used some Glossy accents over the top of the die cuts once down on my card front to add even more dimension and some shine.  With sparkly sequins to finish off the card, we’ve got a big impact for relatively easy card. 
I hope you’ve enjoyed your visit to my blog today.  I’d love to hear what you think about any of my creations!  See you next time.  Don’t forget about my Etsy shop – Cotton2Craft where I sell my cards!  Hope to see you there!  
Many Blessings,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!