Thursday, September 12, 2013

Viva la Verve Hello!



I have been making and sending the cards for my church to shut-ins, the sick and sympathy cards for a couple of months now.  Unfortunately, there are several at our church who have had more than one death and several how have been really sick and hospitalized for several weeks.  One dear lady has not been able to come to church since last October.  When I was given the request to send her another card, I decided that she needed to see something special, so I began looking around my craft room.  I wanted it to be fairly straight forward with bright happy colors and preferably with flowers.  My eye fell on the Viva la Verve September week 2 sketch and from there I started looking through my papers and found the Gingham Garden – perfectly paired sketch and paper!  I think that the bright cheerful colors will go a long way to cheering up our friend whom we have missed at church!  My card is 5.5” by 4.25”.

·       Stamp set(s):Stampin’ Up! – Mixed Bunch, Pretty Petites(ret.), & Thoughts & Prayers(inside); Verve – Psalm 3:3(inside)

·       Ink(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Pear Pizazz(edges), Melon Mambo & Daffodil Delight 

·       Paper:  Stampin’ Up! – Gingham Garden DSP, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizazz, & Melon Mambo CS

·       Dies & Embossing folders:  Stampin’ Up! – Square Lattice EF; and Blossom & Petite Curly Label punches; Spellbinders – Beaded Circles & Labels 8 Dies   
           I decided to forgo any bling as I dressed up the card all over – inside & out as you can see from the pictures below of the inside, but with these bright cheerful colors, maybe there is enough eye candy for a shut-in!  I hope that I didn’t go over weight!  I pulled out the Mixed Bunch SS and coordinating punch and the rest just came together according to the sketch!  (I did try to flip the sketch and rotate it some, but I liked the sketch as it is with just a few adjustments to where I placed the “star” from the sketch.)  The part I played the most with were the rectangle blocks to get the proportion to please the eye as it moves across the card front.  Eventually I decided to make them the same size – 1 ¾” by 4 1/8”.  I was very pleased with outcome of my playing in my craft room yesterday and this morning. 



I hope that you have enjoyed my take on Viva la Verve’s sketch challenge.  I am hoping to get more Verve stamps as time goes on.  I won’t be a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator after this month so most of my allowance won’t be going to them!  LOL   You can also pray for me that I win some of their challenges – another way to “earn” some spending money!  Please let me know what you think!  I love knowing who has stopped by to check out my paper creations!

Many Blessings,
Donna
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!