Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sending Blessings to a Friend

 
 
            A very good friend did a wonderful act of kindness for me last week and to thank her, I chose to do the first week’s sketch for the VLV October Sketch Challenge just for her!  Thank you so much dear friend!  I love this week’s sketch with its strong, clean lines so I decided to keep it that way with my choice of paper and embellishments.  KISS (Scrapper)!  I also decided to go with the fall colors for this week, too.  I just love Autumn!  I think it’s my favorite time of the year.  My husband and I are talking about planning our yearly day trip up to the NC mountains to see the leaves.  They think it’s going to be another wonderful year for fall color!
·       Stamp set(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Trust God
·       Ink(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Old Olive & Soft Suede
·       Paper:  Stampin’ Up! – Old Olive, Soft Suede, Cajun Craze & Very Vanilla CS; Bazzill – Gold??; The Paper Loft – Autumn Splendor Collection: Orchard & Candy Apple
·       Dies & Embossing folders:  Spellbinders – Classic Ovals Large & Classic Scalloped Ovals Large; Stampin’ Up! – Woodgrain & Chevron EF
·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  Stampin’ Up! – Basic Jewels Rhinestones; Paper Studio – Maple Leaf Punch
This card is 5½” square.  The striped paper is 3.25” by 4.25”; Old Olive CS is 5” by 2”; Soft Suede CS is cut 1.75” by 4.75”.  After the measuring and embossing, it was just a matter of layering the pieces thought I did alter the order and put the Soft Suede on top of the Old Olive to showcase the woodgrain embossing.  I wanted an outdoorsy, tree feeling to the card to reinforce the tree theme in the patterned paper.  All of the pieces were distressed with Soft Suede.
          Thanks for stopping by to take a look at my card creation.  If you are so inclined, please leave me a comment.  They really make my day!
Many Blessings,
Donna

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!