Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Viva la Verve SketchJune 2013 Challenge, Week 2 entry

 
         My previous post was also a sympathy card.  I needed one more for the same family.  I had put up on a shelf 4, 6x6 paper pads that I got at Archivers in Raleigh during my last visit down east to see our oldest daughter and her husband for graduation.  I found that the new Baked Brown Sugar In Color just released in the new Stampin’ Up! catalogue was a perfect match to the neutral I the Echo Park collection.  I wanted to go a bit vintage to go with the stamp that had a favorite old-time hymn, Amazing Grace.  Pistachio Pudding and Strawberry Slush also go well with this collection, in case you are out and about and run across this paper pad!
·       Stamp set(s):  Stampin’ Up! Simply Sketched; Heartfelt Creations:  Vintage Background, Book Frame I and Cross & Lilies
·       Ink(s):  Stampin’ Up!:  Baked Brown Sugar & Pistachio Pudding(new In Color 2013-2015)
·       Paper:  Stampin’ Up!:  Baked Brown Sugar, Whisper White & White Tea Lace Paper Doilies; Echo Park Paper – Everyday Eclectic 6x6 Paper Pad
·       Dies & Embossing folders:   Spellbinders Labels 7; Stampin’ Up! Lacy Brocade EF
·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  American Crafts Ribbon
The card went together easily and the layers and embossing add just enough depth to make the project look interesting without being too fussy.  I liked the effect of stamping the background and sentiment color on color, in this case, Baked Brown Sugar from Stampin’ Up!.  It turned out well and worked with the Echo Park paper’s sheet music theme!  The Viva la Verve Sketch Challenge sketch for the 2nd week, came together easily for me.  Some sketches just work better for me, go figure!
Thank you for dropping by and taking a look at my offering for the Verve Sketch Challenge.  I sure would love to see a gift certificate for my efforts.  They have some great stamps & dies! 
Many Blessings,
Donna
PS:  Below are the detail picture of the front to see the color on color image of the background stamp and the sentiment and of the inside of the card.  I forgot to take a picture until after Thom & I had signed it!  Yes, it really is going to be used!

                                

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!