Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Simply Sketched Sympathy & VLVJun2013, Week 3

 
         It is never a happy day when you need a sympathy card to send to a friend or relative, but that is where I found myself earlier this week.  I know that the colors I chose are not the usual for a sympathy card, but as a Christian and as I heard more about how my friend’s 16 year old grandson died, I didn’t feel that a somber sympathy card would be appropriate.  This wonderful young man is now home with his Heavenly Father and the girl he went into the surf to save is alive.  We rejoice with her family while feeling the pain and loss of our friend’s family.  It just didn’t feel right to make a somber card to me, so this is what I chose - a sunny yellow and green to symbolize the Son of Man and green for my friend’s grandson’s new life in Heaven.  The card is 5” x 7” with a top fold.
·       Stamp set(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Simply Sketched(new); Heartfelt Creations Cross & Lilies
·       Ink(s):  SU Pear Pizazz    
·      Paper:  Prima, Sun Kiss Collection “Sweet Tea”;  Stampin’ Up! – Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizazz, Core’dinations Early Espresso, Whisper White, Floral District DSP(retired)
·       Dies & Embossing folders:  Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Circles & Ovals Large; Stampin’ Up! Embossing Folder Fancy Fan
·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  White Velvet Ribbon – Basic Grey; SU Seam Binding Ribbon – Pear Pizazz; SU Basic Jewels Pearls, Large; Martha Stewart Doily Lace Border Punch
The card design is of course from Viva la Verve’s June Sketch Challenge.  The layout is straight forward, although I did move the circle – pieced with Daffodil Delight and Floral District paper – to the middle of the layout.  The yellow circle is a deliberate allusion to the sun, and I just wanted it centered.  I liked the sunflowers on the Prima paper and wanted the viewer to be able to see them as well. 
Thank you for taking a look at my card today!  I hope that you enjoyed your time here.  Please feel free to leave me a comment.  I’d love your feedback!
Many Blessings,
Donna
PS:  Below is the inside of the card.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!