Thursday, June 27, 2013

Trust In The Lord & VLVJun2013, Week 4



I’m finally getting it together and doing week four’s card during week four – but just barely!  I do enjoy using sketches to start my design juices flowing.  This week’s offering is the result, plus one component came to be because I got ahead of myself.  Have you ever done that?  Tell the truth now!  This card is 5.5 x 5.5 inches.

·        Stamp set(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Secret Garden & Trust God

·        Ink(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Gumball Green, Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple, & Summer Starfruit; Memento – Tuxedo Black

·       Paper:  All Stampin’ Up! – Very Vanilla CS, Gumball Green CS, Primrose Petals CS,  Print Poetry DSP (Retired), DSP Stack In Color 2012-2014 (Retired)

·       Dies & Embossing folders:  Stampin’ Up! - Sizzlits Clearlits Scalloped Rectangle, Embosslits Beautiful Wings, Bigz Top Note, Secret Garden Framelits, Ovals Collection Framelits

·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  Martha Stewart Doily Lace Trim Double Edge Punch; Stampin’ Up! – Sizzix Big Shot TIEF Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder, Gumball Green Satin Stitched Ribbon, Basic Jewels Rhinestones, Blender Pens, glitter, 2-Way Pen

Once I had the sketch, I then begin to think colors and patterned paper.  As a self-confessed paper hoarder I have much of the DSP from this past year’s Stampin’ Up! line.  One of my absolutely favorite – wish I had more than this one stack – is the Print Poetry papers.  Since its size is 4.5”x6.5”, it caused some changes in the design right out of the box – er, paper pad!  I selected the inks based upon the color flowers that I wanted to make.  I used SU blender pens to color the lower flower where I used Raspberry Ripple and Primrose Petals ink pads.  I love having matching dies to cut out flowers and other objects.  (Stampin’ Up! needs to do more of this!  Hint, hint!!!)  I embossed the Top Note Die after I cut it out to add some texture between the patterned paper and the Very Vanilla Oval.

With the colors and patterns taken care of, I began to assemble my card, but this is where I got ahead of myself.  I did not stamp my sentiment onto the oval before I added the dimensional pop-ups thus came along my green rectangle rescue.  I’m glad of this “accident” as I think the flowers and size of the oval would have overwhelmed the sentiment.  So it all came out for the good.  I also wanted to add a larger presence to the ribbon on the lower right hand corner so I backed it with a piece of the Doily Lace trim.  I would probably back it with a different color if I had to do it all over again, but all in all I like how my card turned out!  What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!  Please free to leave a comment to let me know what you think!

Many Blessings,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!