As promised in the previous post, VLVSep2013 week 4 was already done and photographed, too. I found some much needed down time in my craft room after too busy a weekend. I know as soon as I saw this sketch what I wanted to do – fine some pretty designer paper for the 3 strips and the card would be a snap! The problem – all this paper from where I’ve been collecting it, but common sense took over – Go directly to SU paper and get an easy match for the solid cs! Which I did, and it did saved a lot of time. This card is 4.25” by 5.5” with right side opening!
· Stamp set(s): Verve – Plain Jane Hebrews 11:1
· Ink(s): Stampin’ Up! – Soft Suede
· Paper: Stampin’ Up! – Afternoon Picnic DSP, Pear Pizazz &So Saffron CS
· Dies & Embossing folders: Stampin’ Up! – Ovals Collection Framelits & Vintage Wallpaper EF
· Embellishments/Other things of note: Stampin’ Up! – Pear Pizazz Ribbon Seam Binding (ret.); Creative Imaginations – Floral Buttons Brads; Martha Stewart – Arch Lattice Border Punch
I cut the Pear Pizazz panel to 4” by 5.25” and then put one of the two shorter edges through my MS border punch to add a little interest and “old world charm” to the bottom of my card front. I used the Vintage Wallpaper EF after I punched the border making sure that it was not embossed so it wouldn't tear easily when handled. I love the florals on this paper in the designer pack by Stampin’ Up. It just oozes romance, peace and tranquility from a different era and not like our too fast paced lives we live in this faced paced society of ours! I need the constant reminder captured in this scripture verse to remind me that my Heavenly Father pursues His children constantly with His overwhelming love for His creation! I may not be able to see Him, but He is always by my side! Finally, I placed the bow on the upper right corner because of the pretty yellow roses on the upper left corner – designers choice!
Please feel free to leave me a comment. I love your feedback!