Sunday, September 8, 2013

MOJO Monday 309

 
 
          We’ve had a busy week around the house.  I’ve been trying to get to two sketch challenges – this one is the 2nd one I’ve been working on but it has the earlier deadline, so you’ll get to see this one first.  I often combine cards that I need with sketches and blogs that I follow, and that is the case with this card.  Another friend from church has had his father pass away very suddenly this past week so I needed another sympathy card.  I tried to go masculine this time and used the brown/neutral family, but I wanted a pop of color to brighten it a bit and butterflies and a yellow flower just seem to be just what I wanted to do here.  Yellow for me reminds me of sunshine and therefore I also think about the Son of God who gives those who believe hope beyond this earthly realm.
·       Stamp Set(s):  Verve Stamps – Psalm 121:2;  Stampin’ Up! – Lovely As A Tree & Thoughts & Prayers (Inside)
·       Ink(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Soft Suede & Daffodil Delight Reinker
·       Paper:  Stampin’ Up! – Comfort Café DSP (retired), Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, & Daffodil Delight CS 
·       Dies & Embossing folders:  Spellbinders – Lattice Rectangles; Stampin’ Up! – Embosslits Beautiful Wings & Fancy Fan Embossing Folder   
·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  Stampin’ Up! – Jewels Basic Rhinestones & Simply Pressed Clay & Molds; American Crafts - Ribbon
The card measure 5.5” by 4.25”.  I used the Fancy Fan EF on the card base, as well as both patterned papers.  With such a monochromatic color scheme for the main card elements, I wanted to make sure that texture added some interest to the card.  That Fancy Fan EF is one of my favorites, and it sort of mimicked the pattern of the base patterned paper layer. 
I used the MOJO Monday sketch for the card layout with few variations except for the dimensions.  You can see the sketch below along with the photo of the inside of the card.  I hope that you enjoyed your visit to my blog.  Please feel free to leave me a comment.  I love to hear from you!
Many Blessings,
Donna



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!