Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Enjoy Today with Viva la Verve

 
          I’m getting the 3rd week’s card posted late – so what else is new since my only deadline is this week – the 4th week’s card is done and will also be posted today!  Yeah!  I really love these challenges but I’m not so fond of the way that life gets in the way of my crafting!  LOL!!!  I’m really hoping that my entry is drawn as the winner this month as I sure could use some more Verve stamps!  Hint, hint to someone out there!  Christmas is only 3 months from today!  Hint, hint!
·       Stamp set(s):  Verve –   Black Tie Birdies & Surely Goodness;  Heartfelt Creations – Bold Falling Leaves
·       Ink(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Baked Brown Sugar, Strawberry Slush & Pistachio Pudding
·       Paper:  Echo Park – Everything Eclectic 6x6 Pad; Stampin’ Up! – Strawberry Slush, Pistachio Pudding & Pacific Point CS
·         Dies & Embossing folders:  A Cut Above Dies by Verve – Surely Goodness Die;  Heartfelt Creations – Bold Falling Leaves Die;  Spellbinders – Standard Circles Large;  Stampin’ Up! – Square Lattice EF
·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  Stampin’ Up! – White Tea Lace Doily & Jewels Basic Pearl Large
My card today is 5.5” by 5.5” so that it can fit in the standard 6x6 envelope – it just makes it easier that way!  This stamp set is out of my comfort zone.  If you scroll through my blog you will see that most of my subjects are either floral/nature or verses for my focal point.  These little birds were cute and were on sale when I made my first Verve purchase, so…  After deciding to use the birds, I came across this patterned paper of hot air balloons and thought that they worked together well.  I matched up my patterned paper to my growing stash of Stampin’ Up! cs and the rest of the card just kinda came together.  I hope you’ve enjoyed my take on VLV week 3 sketch.  The sketch is below for your comparison.
          I love hearing your comments and have been very encouraged by those lately.  My family always loves my cards – but they “have to”, so your comments always are cherished!
Many Blessings,
Donna


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!