Saturday, July 27, 2019

Stepping It Up with Wreath Builder Stencils





Everywhere you look on-line having to do with papercrafting we are seeing Christmas in July.  It’s still hot around here but Christmas will be here before we know it.  So, I pulled out Gina K Designs Holiday Wreath Builder SS and my 4” stencil from the series and went to work.  I made one card that I liked but as usual I got so involved in the stamping that I neglected to look deeper into what I wanted to do with my finished wreaths.  The first one I turned out was OK but it just lacked a polished feel to it – sort of blah! But by the time I really looked at it, the glue was dry!  Too late to undo what I’d already glued down.  I decided to step it up and remake my basic card and add some layers and interesting background to it.  The second card is the finished and much more polished result.  Here are the details for my cards!
·      Stamp set(s):  Gina K – Holiday Wreath Builder SS   
·      Ink(s):  Gina K – Christmas Pine, Charcoal Brown; Versamark – Watermark Pad
·      Paper:  Gina K – Heavy Weight Base White CS; PTI(ITP) – Pinefeather & Fresh Snow Linen CS
·      Dies & Embossing folders:  Gina K – Circle Small Double Stitch Design Dies; Spellbinders – Standard Circles Large, Classic Scalloped Circles Large; Sizzix – Herringbone EF
·      Embellishments/Other things of note:  Gina K – Wreath Builder 4” Stencil; WOW Embossing Glitter – Singing in the Rain; Pretty Pink Posh – 4mm & 6mm Sparkling Clear Sequins
I used a new to me product on these two cards!  A while back, I won an Instagram giveaway from @jenccards.  She does a lot of product intro for WOW and the prize package contained the embossing glitter listed above.  I hadn’t used it much as my crafting time has gone down since our move to SC.  (Things should be back to whatever normal is after we close on our new home early next month and move in by the end of August – hopefully if all the work can be done by then!)  I love the results of this Embossing Glitter.  It doesn’t hide the color beneath – it just adds bling to it!  It really makes that sentiment I embossed pop and sparkle!  Absolutely love this stuff!  Thanks Jenny! I’ll try to remember to tag you when I post on Instagram with these projects!
That’s it for now.  I’m going to try to post this on my blog as well as on SplitcoastStampers before I tidy up for the day!  The before picture and picture of the embossing glitter are below.  You've got to see this embossing glitter in person.  Order some and start playing. It's addicting!
Before I stepped it up with some texture and layers!

See that hit of glitter on the sentiment!  It's better in person!


Many Blessings,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!