Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Rejoicing On Your Birthday with Viva la Verve



          My husband has a birthday this week so using the Viva la Verve April 2014, week 3 sketch, I went to work.  I kept it to 3 colors – Tempting Turquoise on/over Whisper White cardstock with a splash of Wild Wasabi for the leaf flourishes.  I did add a little bit of glam with some glitter cardstock ‘cause I just couldn’t help myself!  LOL  I did make a little change to the sketch just to make the elements fit!  I am going to make an envelope because I have added dimension with the frame, heart and foliage.  The dimensions of the card are 4¼” by 5½”.  I kept the card simple and graphic so as not to overwhelm my wonderful man with “pink” stuff on his card!  Gotta love it!

·       Stamp set(s):  Verve – Chevron Love & Scripture Medley 1

·       Ink(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Tempting Turquoise

·       Paper:  Stampin’ Up! – Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise & Wild Wasabi; The Paper Studio – Aqua Solid Glitter Paper – and it is a perfect match for Tempting Turquoise!!!

·       Dies:  Verve – Heart Quartet & Wavy Hearts Die; Spellbinders – Classic Rectangles Large, Classic Ovals Large, Classic Scalloped Ovals Large and Foliage Shapeabilities

This Tempting Turquoise by Stampin’ Up! just pops off the Whisper White cardstock.  I really love the clean, graphic feel this gives the card.  I did have to keep it from getting girly - or as my husband says, Pink, and I think I almost achieved that.  I did a little change to the sketch by moving my window up and centering it at the top on 3 sides which gave me a bit more room at the bottom.  I stamped the sentiment and then popped up the blue cardstock on top of the white.  The Chevron Heart is popped up.  I took 3 more hearts and scattered them on the card to accent the sentiment.  I tucked the foliage behind the bottom of the frame and added some individual leaves that you see peeking out around the heart and the sentiment.  I choose the Wild Wasabi for its more subtle green, but I could have done them out of another shade of blue, but I think the green brings more contrast into the overall feel of the project

 I worked with the two sentiments from the Chevron Love SS to get them aligned on my clear blocks.  It took several tries but the inside sentiment looks like it’s one stamp instead of two.  The fonts are the same so it worked out beautifully!  I chose to go tone on tone with stamping the inside sentiment and hearts to keep it simple and cohesive!

 Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my home on the web!  I hope that you have enjoyed what you’ve seen and read.  Please feel free to leave a comment.

Many Blessings,
Donna
              

1 comment:

  1. This is such a beautiful card! I love the sparkly balancing out the sketch design! Glad to have you join the Viva La Verve Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!