Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Our Refuge



          I love this sketch for Viva la Verve April 2014, week 2.  Add some fun designer paper and some color, and it’s perfect!  I needed a get well card for my church card ministry.  I liked the card so well, that I did two!  I am entering this card is 3 different challenges – Dynamic Duo #98, Chevron Chic April 2014 Inspiration Challenge & Viva la Verve April 2014 Sketch Challenge.  The colors were easy since I chose to do the Dynamic Duos color challenge for the week.  I quickly ran across the dsp in my Stampin’ Up! stash with these colors – So Saffron & Wisteria Wonder which are 2 of my favorite subtles.  I made these 2 colors the focal colors against the background patterned paper – in chevrons of course for the Chevron Chic Challenge.  I stamped an oval chevron background from the Oh, Hello stamp set and cut it out in a circle (just barely if you look closely it didn’t quite fit).  Instead of a star I choose the floral embellishments that I colored with a dauber and then sprayed with the Glimmer Mist.  The Glimmer Mist gave me both a nice sheen and spread the ink out on the flower.  You’ll see a peek of the So Saffron flower behind the daisy like blooms!  Finish off the flower with the Antique Brad and attaché it with a pop-up glue dot – perfect!  I used my newly acquired Verve Awards Banner Die to make the flags on the lower left of the sentiment circle.  I assembled the card according to the sketch and added a few sequins, and I was done!  Pretty, soft, subtle and perfect for all 3 challenges!
  •    Stamps:  Verve Stamps - Scripture Medley 1 & 2; Stampin' Up! - Oh, Hello 
·          Ink(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Basic Gray, Wisteria Wonder, & So Saffron

·         Paper:  Stampin’ Up! – Afternoon Picnic DSP, So Saffron & Wisteria Wonder 

·         Dies & Embossing folders:  Verve Stamps – Award Banner Die; Spellbinders – Classic Circles Large & Classic Scalloped Circles Large; Cuttlebug – Kassie’s Brocade EF

·         Embellishments/Other things of note:  We R Memory Keepers – Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper; Recollections – Floral Embellishments; Stampin’ Up! – Antique Brads; Tattered Angels – Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist; Tree House Studio - Sequins
         Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.  I know that I haven’t been as active lately, but I’ve been dealing with some health issues that have sapped my strength.  We hope to get some answers soon so that I can get back up to speed!

 

Many Blessings,
Donna


 

 
 

 

4 comments:

  1. Love the use of the sketch along with the DSP and perfect sentiment!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Dynamic Duos :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie. I do love it when it all seems to come together!

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely card! Love all the colors together and that's one of my favorite verses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julee! My Verve stash is ever growing and the scripture verses are so perfect for my card ministry. Thank you also for the "thank you" gift you put in with each order I receive. I really appreciate those thoughtful extras.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!