Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Serenity Pine


          I was in need of a couple of Get Well cards for my card ministry for my church.  I’ve been looking for a tool or idea that I could use to make the process of making the cards and sending them for my church.  I found it from one of SU friends.  She turned me on to a SU demonstrator’s website, www.simplysimplestamping.com.  This wonderful and innovative lady by the name of Connie Stewart from Oklahoma came up with this idea of “Flash Cards”, i.e., cards in a flash.  Get it?!!!??  She has a whole series of videos that she has done on YouTube.  Please go by and check her out.  This is a really simple idea but you come up with great cards for any occasion.  I went to one of my favs from SU, Lovely as a Tree for my card.

·       Stamp set(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Lovely as a Tree & Thoughts & Prayers

·       Ink(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Old Olive & Early Espresso; Stampin’ Write Markers – Early Espresso; Ranger – Distress Ink in Antique Linen

·       Paper:  Stampin’ Up! – Early Espresso, Old Olive & Very Vanilla CS

·       Dies & Embossing folders:  Spellbinders – Classic Ovals Large & Classic Scalloped Ovals Large;  Stampin’ Up! – Square Lattice & Fancy Fan EF

·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  Stampin’ Up! – Linen Thread & Jewels Basic Rhinestones

I followed Connie’s instructions for cutting up my cs.  I stamped the tree on my Very Vanilla CS and distressed it with a sponge and the Antique Linen ink.  The sentiment went well with my Spellbinders dies.  I added some bling to the sentiment and a bow of linen thread, and I was done.  Quick, easy, beautiful – what’s not to love?  Thank you Kathy for telling me about this website and thank you Connie for your clever ideas.  I named my single tree Serenity Pine.  There is something very serene and elegant about this pine from Lovely as a Tree!

Thank you for taking the time to stop by.  Please feel free to leave a comment or join my e-mail distribution list so you’ll know when I’ve been a craftin’!

Many Blessings,
Donna
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!