Friday, February 21, 2014

Scripture Perk-Up!


          I love yellow and black together so when I saw that Dynamic Duos colors for this past week were Basic Black and Daffodil Delight I wanted to play along while making some cards for my church card ministry.  Unfortunately, we had a family emergency this week and it just didn’t get done in time.  I like how this one turned out.  These colors are so graphic together.   I am entering this card over at Verve Stamps Diva Dare “Perk Up” for February 2014.  It is going to be in time for it! J  I am also starting to post to a Faith-Based Challenge on Splitcoaststampers called Divine Design Bible Verse Challenge 2014.  Love this Verve Scripture stamp!

·       Stamp set(s):  Verve – Scripture Medley 2 & Scroll; Our Daily Bread Designs – Sweet William Small; Stampin’ Up! – Thoughts & Prayers and Mixed Bunch

·       Ink(s):  Memento – Tuxedo Black; Stampin’ Up! – Daffodil Delights

·       Paper:  Stampin’ Up! – Whisper White, Basic Black & Daffodil Delight

·       Dies & Embossing folders:  A Cut Above Dies by Verve – Scroll; Spellbinders – Classic Rectangles Large; Stampin’ Up! – Elegant Lines EF (ret.)

·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  Stampin’ Up!  - Blossom Punch, Jewels Basic Rhinestones; Kaisercraft – Ebony Sparklets  

          The card came together very quickly once I got started on it and chose this wonderful and encouraging scripture, Psalm 3:3.  I wanted to encourage a friend from church who has several family losses over the last couple of years and now a sick grandchild in the hospital with a very serious respiratory virus.  What a perfect scripture/sentiment for this purpose!  This is also a good scripture to remember when you are in the midst of the storm like my husband and I have been this past week!  Lift up my head, oh, Lord, that I might see your deliverance!

Many Blessings,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!