Saturday, January 18, 2014

Why Now & Why Made To Crave

          This is not my usual kind of post.  I don't have a new card creations to share with you today.  Today I'm giving you some "inklings" about why I joined an on-line bible study!  So bear with me, please!?
          I have struggled my whole life - I just turned 62 the end of December - with my weight and body image problems.  I have done nearly every diet in the book.  I've had some success, but not lasting success.  I almost made it 10 years ago, but fell off the cliff 3.5 years ago when some health issues and hormone imbalance issues crept up behind me and widened my hips! 
          I want to be at peace with food and my food choices.  I also want to eat healthy and maintain a good weight.  When I weigh too much and it affects how I feel about myself -" I'm a failure" and how I feel inside my body.
         I need help, and as a believer in Jesus, my Lord and Savior, the only help that will be lasting is to admit the defeat of my own self efforts and learn to call upon the name of Jesus.  I need help and encouragement to make the lasting changes that I need to eat healthy, exercise - which I already do when there is a water aerobics class at the gym, and maintain a healthy weight for me.  I need the support of a community of believers to finally DO this!  That's why I've joined an on-line bible study.  I've read Lisa book and am doing the devotional, but I have gone on carb binges 2 times this week when I turned to food instead of my Savior.  So Jesus, I want you to walk with me and be my companion as I turn this area of sin - gluttony is sin - over to you.  Help me, Jesus, to lay this down once and for all!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to have you join us!! This time will be different, like Melissa said earlier this week. Blessings for a successful study!!

    Kris Danko (OBS Team Leader/Blog Hop Team)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!