Friday, January 10, 2014

Sweetest Gift

 

           Hi, there bloggers!  This is my first post of 2014.  I’m off to a slow start.  I think the Christmas Holidays took all of my mojo!  It took a mojo to get me back in the swing of things.  Since I was in need of a baby shower card for my lovely step-daughter that I helped to raise, I decided to go with blue since we are welcoming next month a cute little boy to be named Mason.  I used the MOJO327 sketch and will be posting this card there as well as the Verve's January 2014 Diva Dare - Smitten and Verve's January Diva Inspirations Hop - Shimmer & Shine! Don't you love Shimmer & Shine and Smitten?
·       Stamp set(s):  Stampin’ Up – Sweetest Gift; Verve – Surely Goodness; Our Daily Bread Designs – Gingham Background

·       Ink(s):  Stampin' Up! - Marina Mist 

·       Paper:  Stampin’ Up – Marina Mist & Whisper White CS; the Paper Studio – Solid Glitter Light Blue

·       Dies & Embossing folders:  Spellbinders – Classic Rectangles Large  

·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  Fiskars – Heart Punches

I didn’t have any baby shower type of paper so I decided to make my own.  I stamped off the cute little stork from the Sweetest Gift SS to get the two colors of storks and then stamped the ODBD Gingham Background.  Gingham is so perfect in blue this time for a soft baby look.  I was looking for a scripture stamp to use for the focal of this card and choose this particular one.  What a special scripture to pray over the soon to be mother of three and her newborn baby.  We all need the Lord’s goodness and mercy to follow us all the days of our lives.

I want to wish all of my readers a very “Happy New Year” and pray the Lord’s blessings over you and your family.  I hope that this year is a truly crafty year for you and may you get inspiration for a wonderful year of raising spirits and creating and maintaining memories for you and your family!

Many Blessings,
Donna



3 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous baby card! Love the combination of sentiments and those fun glitzy hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sparkle! Wonderful take on the challenges. Thanks for joining us for this month's Diva Dare!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!