Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Apothecary Art Wedding



           I was in need of a wedding card last week when one of my husband’s co-workers got married.  I knew right away that I wanted to use this Apothecary Art stamp with its really lovely roses and its beautiful shape.  Yellow roses are perhaps one of my favorite colors of roses because they just speak of old time sentiment for a wedding gift – at least to me anyway!  Since I already had the Framelits in mind, I decided to also use the largest of this set to make a shaped card for this very special occasion!  My card measures 5½” by 4¼” approximately!  Here are the details for what I used to make my card!

·       Stamp set(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Apothecary Art & Sweet Essentials

·       Ink(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Pear Pizazz, Stampin’ Write Markers in Daffodil Delight & Pear Pizazz; Memento – Tuxedo Black

·       Paper:  Stampin’ Up! – Whisper White, Daffodil Delight & Pear Pizazz 

·       Dies & Embossing folders:  Heartfelt Creations – Decorative Lace Border; Stampin’ Up! – Labels Collection Framelits & Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder

·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  Stampin’ Up! – Basic Jewels Rhinestones

I cut the Pear Pizazz cardstock to size and then die-cut the Lace Border die.  I simply love this die.  I don’t know why I don’t use it more often!  I wanted a little bit of lacey elegance to go with the beautiful rose wreath on the focal point of the card and also to let some of that wonderful Pear Pizazz to show through.  After cutting out the lace border I then lined it up with the card base and cut it out to fit on top of the card base and behind the focal point of the card.

  I stamped the center part of the image again and stamped the bride & groom on the banner part.  I fussy cut it out and popped it up over the same image over the colored image.  I selected a sentiment from Verve for the inside that is a quote from the Song of Solomon.  I’m loving the outcome for a simple card that was stepped up with that lovely yellow lace.

 Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and look at my card.  I appreciate your time.  I would love to hear from you if you have a moment to let me know what you think!

Many Blessings,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!