Thursday, May 8, 2014

Words of Wisdom for my Graduate!


 
          We are getting ready to do some celebration this weekend!  A year ago our oldest daughter Rachel received her Master’s Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from East Carolina University, and this weekend, our other and younger daughter receives her Master of Science in Nursing – Pediatric Nurse Practitioner – from UNC-Chapel Hill.  Both were strenuous programs, but Rebecca’s program was part-time while she worked full time as a nurse at UNC Children’s Hospital while battling migraines and sleep disturbances made worse by shift work.

I had to do this card in pinks and greens after Rebecca and I spent some time together last week.  We had a fun time looking for some things at Michael’s (in pink and green, of course) for her to do some jewelry making so here is my offering.  My card is 5” by 6” and I used the MOJO344 Sketch.  I’ll also be posting this at May Diva Dare “Petals and Wings” as well as the Font Focus May 2014 Inspiration Challenge over at the Verve blog!

·       Stamp set(s):  Verve – Lean on Me & Faith Medley; Heartfelt Creations – Door to my Heart

·         Ink(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Rose Red & Pear Pizazz(edges)

·       Paper:  Primrose Petals, Rose Red & Pear Pizazz; Basic Grey – Inviting & Raspberry Syrup from the Hello Luscious Collection 

·       Dies & Embossing folders:  Verve – Pointed Flower Dies; Spellbinders – Becky Fleck Page Maps Tags & Flags; Stampin’ Up! – Bitty Banner Framelits, Beautiful Wings Embosslits, Little Leaves Sizzlets and Elegant Lines embossig folder;

·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  Copic Sketch – Y18 (coloring pearls); Martha Stewart – Flower Bunch Corner Punch & Flower Bunch Large Punch Around the Page;  Recollections – Faux Pearls; Artful Minds – Sequins; Stampin’ Up! – Basic Jewels Pearls Large and Pear Pizazz seam binding ribbon
         I really liked this sketch by Julee!  It really worked well with the elements I wanted to use for Rebecca’s card.  I punched around 2 sides of the solid cardstock in the Basic Grey paper and inked the edges with Pear Pizazz ink.  The patterned paper square was embossed with the Elegant Lines EF to add some texture behind my focal sentiment.  The sentiment was stamped with Rose Red ink onto Primrose petals cardstock.  This sentiment is one of my favorite scriptures and fit really well for my graduate’s graduation.  I also used Rose Red ink for the “Congratulations” and the pretty flowers from the Lean on Me stamp set (and coordinating die to cut them out) at the bottom of the tag.  Scatter a few sequins for the bling my daughter loves, a pearl here and there with a few pretty butterflies in green, and the card was done!

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my blog today.  I haven’t been as active lately but still hoping to get back here more regularly as time allows!
 
Donna

PS:  I just noticed that I missed using some sequins at the bottom of the punched border flowers.  I fixed those.  Not enough time to go back and retake the pics with a busy weekend ahead.  J


1 comment:

  1. Lovely punched border and use of the sketch. Thanks for taking this month's Diva Dare.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!