I love this sketch for Viva la Verve April 2014, week 2. Add some fun designer paper and some color, and it’s perfect! I needed a get well card for my church card ministry. I liked the card so well, that I did two! I am entering this card is 3 different challenges – Dynamic Duo #98, Chevron Chic April 2014 Inspiration Challenge & Viva la Verve April 2014 Sketch Challenge. The colors were easy since I chose to do the Dynamic Duos color challenge for the week. I quickly ran across the dsp in my Stampin’ Up! stash with these colors – So Saffron & Wisteria Wonder which are 2 of my favorite subtles. I made these 2 colors the focal colors against the background patterned paper – in chevrons of course for the Chevron Chic Challenge. I stamped an oval chevron background from the Oh, Hello stamp set and cut it out in a circle (just barely if you look closely it didn’t quite fit). Instead of a star I choose the floral embellishments that I colored with a dauber and then sprayed with the Glimmer Mist. The Glimmer Mist gave me both a nice sheen and spread the ink out on the flower. You’ll see a peek of the So Saffron flower behind the daisy like blooms! Finish off the flower with the Antique Brad and attaché it with a pop-up glue dot – perfect! I used my newly acquired Verve Awards Banner Die to make the flags on the lower left of the sentiment circle. I assembled the card according to the sketch and added a few sequins, and I was done! Pretty, soft, subtle and perfect for all 3 challenges!
- Stamps: Verve Stamps - Scripture Medley 1 & 2; Stampin' Up! - Oh, Hello
· Ink(s): Stampin’ Up! – Basic Gray, Wisteria Wonder, & So Saffron
· Paper: Stampin’ Up! – Afternoon Picnic DSP, So Saffron & Wisteria Wonder
· Dies & Embossing folders: Verve Stamps – Award Banner Die; Spellbinders – Classic Circles Large & Classic Scalloped Circles Large; Cuttlebug – Kassie’s Brocade EF
· Embellishments/Other things of note: We R Memory Keepers – Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper; Recollections – Floral Embellishments; Stampin’ Up! – Antique Brads; Tattered Angels – Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist; Tree House Studio - Sequins
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I know that I haven’t been as active lately, but I’ve been dealing with some health issues that have sapped my strength. We hope to get some answers soon so that I can get back up to speed!