Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Doing the Polka Birthday Bash!

 
          We are having a busy week in our family this week.  Our son-in-law’s birthday is on March 26th and our 9th wedding anniversary is also on the 26th.  We also have bought a new car to replace a relative new but unreliable 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee!  Left the Chrysler products and went for a RAV4!  I am using this card in 2 Verve Challenges for this month.  One is “Do the Polka Diva Dare” and I used the Viva la Verve March 2014 sketch for week 1.  This was a fun sketch and really enjoyed going a bit outside my box creating a card that isn’t feminine – well for me anyway!  LOL  But I did go “dottie” with the dots on the patterned paper and both embossing folders.
·       Stamp set(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Word Play, Oh, Hello, & From My Heart; Heartfelt Creations – Tattered Background
·       Ink(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Early Espresso & Coastal Cabana
·       Paper:  Stampin’ Up! – Coastal Cabana, Very Vanilla, DSP Pattern Stack 2012-2013(ret.); Basic Grey – Serenade Half Penny & 50 Pence; The Paper Studio – Solid Glitter Champagne
·       Dies & Embossing folders:  Stampin’ Up! – Oval Framelits; Marianne – Cupcake Creatables; My Favorite Things – Washi Tape Die-Namics; Provocraft – Cuttlebug Poka Dots & Swiss Dots Embossing Folder 
The card came together easily.  All the images were edged in Early Espresso to go with the shabby look I was going for to coordinate with the Basic Grey paper.  The oval was stamped with the oval shape from Oh, Hello, cut out with the Framelits and then run through the Swiss Dots EF.  The yellow dotted patterned paper was embossed with the Polka Dot EF.  I cut out the “Washi Tape” from one stamped image and 2 papers (see above).  I used the candle die from the Marianne die to add some bling to the card – after all, the candle does need to sparkle a bit!
Thanks for taking the time to drop by my part of the blogging world!  Please feel free to leave me a comment.  I love hearing what you think!
Many Blessings,
Donna



2 comments:

  1. Nice take on the sketch and love the sparkly candle :) Thanks for joining us for this month's Diva Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card! Love the little banners on the inside too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!