Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Life Is Better Together

 
          I made this card with items my husband got me for our anniversary which is tomorrow, March 26th.  I just had to figure out how to get my hands on them BEFORE our anniversary.  The opportunity arose when the book he was getting for our anniversary arrived.  I had a bargaining tool, and I took advantage of it.  Oh, what I won’t do to get my hands on new Verve!  LOL  I’ll confess to him tomorrow when he opens this card for our anniversary!  I loved putting this card together.  I found this perfect patterned paper by Authentique and knew that it would make the perfect background.  Don’t the colors make you think of a warm sunny day with a deep & bright blue sky?  I wanted bright and airy and not feminine.  There are No flowers on this card and the other one I’m posting today.  Will wonders never cease?  LOL  This is another entry for the Viva la Verve March 2014 Challenge!

·       Stamp set(s):  Verve – Better Together & More Than Love

·       Ink(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Bermuda Bay & Sahara Sand

·       Paper:  Authentique – Seasons “Summer One”; Stampin’ Up! – Sahara Sad, Pool Party, Very Vanilla, Daffodil Delight & Bermuda Bay

·       Dies & Embossing folders:  A Cut Above Dies by Verve – Wavy Hearts; Spellbinders – Classic Circles Large & Classic Scalloped Circles Large; Stampin’ Up! – Chalk Talk Framelits

I played around with the sentiment circle.  I tried stamping the arrow on the Very Vanilla CS but it never looked straight, and I must have straight!  So I stamped the arrows on Bermuda Bay CS with Bermuda Bay ink and cut them out by hand – are there dies out there that match  these arrows?  The heart shape from More Than Love SS was a perfect complement to the chevron paper.  I love the graphic feel to this very sunny feeling card.  My husband will be sure to see all the love I have for him in this card.  He is the love of my life!  Life is better together with you!  I love you, Thom!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and taking a look!  Let me know what you think if you are so inclined!
Many Blessings,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!