Sunday, February 9, 2014

Soul Mate Valentine

 
          I finally got around to using my brand new Verve set, “More Than Love”!  Once again, they ship soooo fast!  Love it.  I got the stamp set on Thursday and just got around to using it today – the last day to enter to win some Verve on the MOJO Monday blog!  So here goes.  This is my special card for the love of my life Thom.  We have only known each other 10 years.  It was 10 years ago at the end of January that we were matched on e-Harmony.  You should have heard our kids telling us to be careful!  The Lord used e-Harmony to bring us together.  We will celebrate 9 wonderful years of marriage in March.  He is my soul mate.  When I saw the scripture from the Song of Solomon, I knew that this stamp set had to make it into my growing Verve collection.  I had to fussy cut the hearts; I’ll be getting the dies soon!  My card is 4¼” by 5½” with a left-hand fold!

·       Stamp set(s):  Verve – More Than Love & Surely Goodness

·       Ink(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Marina Mist

·      Paper:  Stampin’ Up! – Marina Mist, Early Espresso, Always Artichoke & Very Vanilla CS; My Mind’s Eye – Bella Bella French Flea Market Stripe (“found” in the blue section of my Scrap Rack carefully tucked away!  LOL!); The Paper Studio – Solid Glitter CS light blue

·       Dies & Embossing folders:  A Cut Above Dies by Verve – Surely Goodness die set; Spellbinders – Contemporary Hearts, Classic Rectangles Large & Classic Scalloped Rectangles Large; Stampin’ Up! – Sizzlits Little Leaves & Square Lattice EF

·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  Stampin’ Up! – Classic Jewels Pearls Large; Fiskars – Small Heart Punch

I changed the sketch up a bit.  I rotated the sentiment block 90° to the left and used the rectangle block under the sentiment block as a mat for my sentiment.  I decided against the small narrow banner/ribbon running diagonally across the top and used the flowers instead of the larger hearts.  I instead took the hearts and added them above the sentiment.  I like how my card came out!  I didn’t want to go too over the top with hearts and flowers so kept it fairly simple and as subtle as I could since this is a card for my husband. 

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking a look.  I’ve made it easy to leave a comment by turning off the verification box.  Please feel free to let me know what you think.

Until next time, have an awesome day!  The inside of the card and the MOJO331 sketch are below!

Many Blessings,
Donna


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!