Thursday, February 20, 2014

Prayer Collage

           I have long been wanting to do a card using Crumb Cake cs that has embossed images done in white and then colored with markers.  The effect of this technique has always been stunning when I’ve seen it used, so this is my take on this technique.  I heat embossed on the Crumb Cake CS and then colored with Stampin’ Write Markers.  I chose a Heartfelt Creations stamp that has scripture (Romans 8:28) in the background of the image.  It’s hard to make out because my Versa Mark pad was needing refreshing, but it turned out really good and adds texture to the card front.  My card is a little bigger than the A2 size – 4.25”x 5.5” – so that I could use as much of the stamped image as possible.  It is approximately 4.5” x 5.5”.  Because of the rich detail from the embossing, I didn’t feel the need to at another layer other than with the sentiment.
·       Stamp set(s):  Heartfelt Creations – Tattered Collage; Stampin’ Up! – Thoughts & Prayers
·       Ink(s):  Versamark – Water Mark Stamp Pad; Stampin’ Up! – Old Olive with Stampin’ Write Markers in Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Crushed Curry, Early Espresso
·       Paper:  Stampin’ Up! – Crumb Cake & Old Olive CS
·       Dies & Embossing folders:  Spellbinders – Classic Ovals & Classic Scalloped Ovals Large
·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  Archiver’s – Shabby White Embossing Powder
I chose to use the chunkier, Shabby White EP to add more texture than regular embossing powder and to add some sparkle to dress up the card.  There is something about the bling that just does it for me!  I decided that the card front alone with the embossed image was really all I needed to make a stunning card.  The rich colors of the flowers were given more depth from coloring on the Crumb Cake CS.  I was well please with my experimentation using these elements to make a design pop off the paper.   It will be a well-used by me and go to for a quick card in my repertoire!
As always, thank you for taking the time to drop by my home in the blogosphere!  I do appreciate you!  Please feel free to leave me a comment and be sure to sign up to follow me!
Many Blessings,
Donna
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!